Compressor Clutch - How to replace?

PCGUY112887

Mine is grinding (96 3100), hoped it would grind it's self even again but it apparentelly isn't. I'm embarrased to go into a parking lot when it's grinding, it sounds aweful.

I've never changed anything quite like this, anyone have some good details on how to do this the easiest way I can?

Thanks.

I'm sure there are special wrenches to remove the clutch, and associated guts, but that's all I can provide, sorry.

You might try a Google search on the topic if no one here can produce a good answer.

If the compressor making a grinding noise all the time that may be a bad AC pulley bearing.

If the compressor is grinding only when the AC compressor is OFF, this may just need a clutch adjustment.

My wifes 3400 grinds when you turn the ac off.....

So I told her just to leave it on and ajust the temp to wheatever she wants....

nebosba_j (sometihng like that - sorry dude!)......I think he replaced his clutch and found he could get at the compressor by removing the inner fender well (plastic part) and go through the wheel well....(I think it was him who did this)...

Anyway my compressor grninds and clicks and pops all the time, still have cold A/C so until that changes it can grind all it wants...

It only grinds sometimes when the compressor is off, if I turn it on it stops doing it and I get cold AC air like I should.

When I took it to the shop they said they coulden't adjust it and it needed to be replaced, and the replacement GM part was like $200 then labor so I said F it, but it's really buggin me pullin up to a bunch of people and my car sound like someone is sawing under the hood.