mud flaps

97CuttySupSL

Anyone ever notice how GM finally wised up and put plastic covers over the rocker panels on their new cars? Or is that a Chevy-only thing? Anyway, both of my Chevy's have rocker panel covers.

I'll say this about mudflaps, sure they look like complete ass, but they really do protect the rocker panels a great deal. Our old 93 Crapalier had 'em, and after 10+ years of snow and salt they had nary a spot of rust on them. My 92 LeSabre on the other hand never had mudflaps (well at least it didn't during the 2+ years I owned it) and the rockers were completely rotted out by the time I got rid of it...

Anyone ever notice how GM finally wised up and put plastic covers over the rocker panels on their new cars? Or is that a Chevy-only thing? Anyway, both of my Chevy's have rocker panel covers.

I'll say this about mudflaps, sure they look like complete ass, but they really do protect the rocker panels a great deal. Our old 93 Crapalier had 'em, and after 10+ years of snow and salt they had nary a spot of rust on them. My 92 LeSabre on the other hand never had mudflaps (well at least it didn't during the 2+ years I owned it) and the rockers were completely rotted out by the time I got rid of it...

Really? Maybe I'll get some for my car (since I also agree they don't look bad on Aweb's car). Or maybe just for the winter.. I dunno.

I think those Yosemite Sam trucker mudflaps are just what I need for the Regal. Yeah, all the lot lizards at the 29 Truck Stop will come crawling out of the semis and go koo-koo for my Regal with the "BACK OFF" mudflaps. I'll be more popular than Richard Simmons at a Waffle House convention.

It's about time. My dad's '95 Taurus has plastic covers on the rockers.....the plastic covers are pited VERY BADLY but the rockers they are protecting are mint condition still.

So CBad....my car looks bad w/ them?

Really? Maybe I'll get some for my car (since I also agree they don't look bad on Aweb's car). Or maybe just for the winter.. I dunno.