Upper charge pipe?

RedZMonte

Shane,

Do you mean the pipe from IC to TB, if so it is metal.

Thomas

That is exactly what i wanted to know.. I might be getting a TGP. i wanted to know if it was metal so i could weld a BOV flange onto it and then powdercoat the pipe :)

RedZ

Anyone by chance know the Stock I/C dementions? I am assuming w/ its stock location and thickness it may not be to terribly effective, is that a safe guess? I say that because its basicly in the engine bay and gets heated by the underhood heat...

RedZ

Guest TurboSedan

hey there Shane, i have pretty much every TGP specific part and i can borrow them to you if you want to check them out; such as the intercooler, turbo, upper & lower charge pipes, etc. sorry i haven't been able to do anything about the crossover yet, i'm kind of in debt right now and can't afford to get the crossover done just yet. please PM me with the cost of that tho. i got another crossover in the mean time and yeah they SUCK! this one already has the heat shields off of it. hopefully sometime this summer i can have my other crossover rebuilt with the T3 flange. btw, i'm really close to getting my GTS ready for the road.....wanna race sometime? :twisted:

joshua

i am in the process of loacting a 3" long flex i have a couple options i can use. i can trim down the ones i have in stock (1/2" off each nipple and it will fit) I might also have stumbled upon a supplyer for a 3" long flex. I am getting a GTP this Sat. so i can play around w/ it a little to see what will work best. you finish the GTS and i will get my cam in and i will be ready to race :). My buddy has a daytona turbo.. i think its the 2.2L T its pretty quick. BTW i am currently running 11PSI w/ 1*-2* KR (going to get mini AFC to eliminate that KR) It will be a fun race. BTW what trubo is on the GTS, T3?

Shane

is there a site that sales specifically flex pipe/couplings?? I am gonna fix my own crossover I just need to know what size the inside/outside diameter is. You guys know the tgp crossover diameter?

Guest TurboSedan
i am in the process of loacting a 3" long flex i have a couple options i can use. i can trim down the ones i have in stock (1/2" off each nipple and it will fit) I might also have stumbled upon a supplyer for a 3" long flex. I am getting a GTP this Sat. so i can play around w/ it a little to see what will work best. you finish the GTS and i will get my cam in and i will be ready to race :). My buddy has a daytona turbo.. i think its the 2.2L T its pretty quick. BTW i am currently running 11PSI w/ 1*-2* KR (going to get mini AFC to eliminate that KR) It will be a fun race. BTW what trubo is on the GTS, T3?

Shane

yeah it will be an interesting race. i would have an obvious weight advantage. the Turbo is a Garrett T03. my brother (iTurbo) has an '87 Shelby Lancer with virtually the same drivetrain and same car (they look almost identical), and has already taken out numerous Mustang GT's, a '99 GTP, a WRX (took until 75mph to pass him but he passed him pretty quick), and also a new S281 Saleen (the non SC one). also numerous SHO's. he says the WRX was probably the harderst kill, along with some modified SHO's and the S281. he's got some mods tho, but pretty much just a grainger valve with boost set at around 13psi, a 1g DSM BOV, and keeps everything running A+. his Turbo II engine has only around 50,000 miles whearas mine has 206,000 - but so far everything looks really healthy. i have a 1g BOV already for my CS, but i think i might just put it on the GTS 1st and then get another BOV later for the CS. we are going down to Ft. Collins today with his Shelby - he's picking up a very rare A568 5-speed from a '90 Caravan for his Shelby at Aragon auto salvage. (can you believe they made a 2.5 Turbo/5-speed Caravan?!?!)

btw, if you want maybe you can PM me your phone # and you can check his Shelby out.....it pulls HARD when that T03 spools up....YOWZA! it's definately the fastest car i have ever ridden in....

joshua

Guest TurboSedan
Shane,

Do you mean the pipe from IC to TB, if so it is metal.

Thomas

That is exactly what i wanted to know.. I might be getting a TGP. i wanted to know if it was metal so i could weld a BOV flange onto it and then powdercoat the pipe :)

RedZ

i think i'm going to weld a BOV flange onto my lower IC pipe. i don't want to mess up the upper pipe just in case. the lower pipe is really simple - just 2 90' bends so if i fug it up i can remake one no problem. i'm pretty much doing exactly what Eclipse5302 did to his TSTE.

joshua

there is an easier way!! put the bov on some exhaust piping or equivalent ( very short piece) and just plumb it in between either the upper intake or lower pipe with silicon connectors. No cutting necessary. I did basically that. i wasn't about to cut my upper pipe either and if I totall the car the parts come off easy 5 minutes.