lowering my cutlass

blkinternational

You clicked on a link named "fat girlfriend", what did you expect? :lol:

Actually I think there are even some chubby chasers on the forum that might be into that.

You clicked on a link named "fat girlfriend", what did you expect? :lol:

Actually I think there are even some chubby chasers on the forum that might be into that.

HHAHAAHAH

what do you need to lower it? 2 air lift strut bags, 2 firestone 2500 bags, 8 valves, a tank, compressor, and switches.....at least that's what i did... :twisted:

you make baggin' a cutty sound so easy :)

what do you need to lower it? 2 air lift strut bags, 2 firestone 2500 bags, 8 valves, a tank, compressor, and switches.....at least that's what i did... :twisted:

if it were that easy it'd be done won my car already!

off topic sortta, but is there anyway u can send me pics of your set up?

If it is pics of my setup you are askin for, I will have them up as soon as I get the car back from paint. I am tearing all the suspension out to fix some "issues" I am havin.

As for easy, I will say the second car I will do will be very easy compared to the first now that I know what I'm doing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same question as well for my 89 Olds cutlass supreme. I was wondering if anyone here has ordered and used the leafs from birchmount. I got a price from them and it was just under $300 canadian for shipping and taxes and leaf.

A little late on this thread (took a short break), but I used a Flex-A-Form fiberglass rear leaf. The drop wasn't significant. It's no lower than a 94-97 in the rear. Someone named Terry (not sure if he's on the forum or not) contacted me and said he got the same FAF leaf and had the same results. He said he's talked to George and will be getting a new leaf.

Someone named Terry (not sure if he's on the forum or not) contacted me and said he got the same FAF leaf and had the same results. He said he's talked to George and will be getting a new leaf.

I had the same problem with the FAF spring. needless to say, 4 springs later, my car was lowered. George was cool as hell about it and he worked with me untill i was happy about the ride height. The outer pads are another story. they still dont want to stay put. But oh well, I think im gonna get those Napa ones and call it a day. I sold one extra that I had (can't remember who, sorry) But he said it didn't sit low at all on his car. But on my car it sat lower than it is right now. i don't know

I contacted flex a form but it was more expensive then Birchmount by a fair amount. I think I will go with the birchount spring. I also have to find the front coil overs which is giving me trouble. Does anyone know a good place to get the front coilovers where they only sell 2 rather then the 4 I have seen? thx.

I don't think any company other than Held sells the front coilovers.

There have been reports of noisiness form the Birchmount spring since it's a metal leaf. I don't remember, but I even think it's a multi-leaf metal type like used on RWD trucks. It's also significantly heavier.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I got a fiberglass rear from http://www.flex-a-form.com and paid $360 Canadian including shipping. They say they can make custom fiberglass rear leafs to your specs. I've had a bit of dealings with George (the owner). Took around 3 weeks total to recieve the spring. I have to tell you tho...the first spring I got from him only gave me a 1/2" drop! I had to call him because he doesn't seem to like email much. The second spring he sent cracked after 1 week of use...the 3rd did the trick. I'm sure he now has the proper formula to make the right spring at the right drop using me for trial and error. I've had both steel replacements and now the fiberglass, the fiberglass is WAY better in terms of rideand handling, the steel one was very noisy and rough riding, it also lost alot of it's flex and flattened out after just one year.

give me a shout if you have any questions![br]Posted on: May 02, 2006, 08:34:19 AM_________________________________________________

Terry.

I'm the guy that bought the extra leaf off luminal67. It did end up settling a litte bit. I have about 1000 miles on it now, and its close to matching the Intrax front drop, but it's still higher by 1/2"-1", haven't measured lately. The pads, however, are starting to move around a bit. I had some permatex out that was using on another project that I just tried. We'll see how it goes. I'm not sure what resin FAF uses, if its polyester, vinylester, or epoxy, but if we can find out, we might be able to find a better bonding agent.

I took off the end blocks from the FAF spring, I found they made alot of noise. I used the factory replacements...much better. GnatGoSplat i'm told the Birchmount spring is 4 leafs, wow that must be stiff, the steel one I have at home is 3 leafs and de-arched so much that it's almost flat...not much "spring" in a flat steel spring.

Thats strange because that guy told me $300 for the spring and $80 for shipping. And that was in US funds. What did you do to get the spring for only $360can? I'm going to have to call the guy from FAF back and see if he can give it to me cheaper. I also want to get a 2.5" drop in the rear. Still waiting for a response from Intrax.

you know what...it was $360 US now that I look :rolleyes: but i don't regret paying that much after seeing the difference first hand between a flat steel leaf and a fiberglass one.