carpet patch?

99montez34

hey guys the previoius owner had some heel wear on the carpet in the car and now about a patch has gone away. Now, does a company make a patch of some sort where i can glue on bexause overall the capret is in god shape and i dont want to waste my money on a whole new carpet.... thanks guys!

I've actually taken a large needle, and some fibers from the hidden edge of the carpet, to thread through the underside of the carpet to fix such a small area. It kinds worked, but that was older hook and loop carpet. The modern carpets in our cars would be alot harder.

You could snip a little carpet from beneath the rear seat if you want to try, but I recommend floor mats.

Does your car have that rubber thing built into the carpet around the pedals?? Or it is there, but the hole is else where?? If you DONT have that rubber piece, I'd just get a hold of one of those and glue it on....Patching carpet is one thing, but patching it and making it look half ass is another.

I imagine you could make a pretty good patch if you cut out the bad section, put in a good section, and used some kind of adhesive stuff behind it to join the section in. That's what they do for home carpeting, and some of the results I've seen, you can't tell there's even a joint there.

I have never seen such a kit like that for cars though.