Silver State Race Prepping

Drache Rott

OK guys you have heard me mention the race before but I dont think I mentioned that I am planning on entering..when I do I am going to be the first W Body to compete. That being said I would like to make a good showing. The silver state race for thoes of you that dont know is a open interstate race through the Nevada Desert....90 miles of interstate shutoff by the police just for the race...and no speed limits. So my question is this what do you think I am going to have to work on/reinforce to make this car handle speeds in excess of 140mph for 90 miles? I have had the car up to 142 for about 1 mile 2-3 years ago..and it started listing on me around 138...that was before I changed the struts to the kyb gr2's....I plan on putting the bigger sway bars on but I am not sure what part#s are ...please give me some ideas here...and part #s..also do any of you have any idea if the trans will hold thoes kinda speeds for that long...the motor I am going to be running is the turbo motor out of an 89' tgp...do you think it will hold?...any help well be greatly appreciated......

heh nerf every time I see your car I start to cry...my car used to look alomst exactly like it....and yes the mongo tranny cooler was already in my plans....you should see the one on my lebaron.....15x15x1...rated for a motor home towing 14000 lbs..I think the same one for the olds should do the trick...what do you think?

Good luck and give the w-body's some advertising! Sounds like a fun race since the cops will shut down roads. Wish they did something like that near me.

man i wish they'd shut down the NJ TPK late at night (since theres wayyy too much daytime traffic on any day for that) for racing.....there would probably be thousands to show up

there is more then one way to do it...the easyist that i know of is clipping the signal from the speed sensor...make the computer not know how fast it's going....but that shuts down your digital speedometer if you have one.....you will still get caught be your rev limiter eventualy though....to be honest I have no idea how many rpms my car was turning ....my dash does not have the tach :(... ( cheap fbi bastards)

well you can either go to the race after I do..(i'm going to the first w-body dammit) or you can come along as part of my team...(or maybe we can field 2 cars)

neither was the countach.(it was still able to make 175-180 due to it's power to weight ratio)...with all the big bumps and jutting edges it was in reality a aerodynamic nightmare....thats why they redesigned it as the diablo....

Hey, is this event gonna be on TV or anything? If not, get some pics of the TGP running with everyone. Cuz, I think it would be cool to see a TGP out there

Robby

I'll be more then happy to get you some pics of my cutlass running in it.(when I actuly get to race in it that is)....I dont not know of any tgps in it.....and I had been told that the 88-92 cutlass was actuly quite aerodynamic....from a wind tunnel perspective