find the amp in my ste ?

Guest Gp crazy

Guest Gp crazy

Well, IM looking for the amp in my 1990 STE. I think it's under the pass. seat not sure little cold to look at the moment. It pops once in a while and I know the speakers are a little worn and beat up.

Also I would like to replace the amp with a good one and speakers as well. Sometime in the near future.

6.5 door speakers down low and tweeters above in each driver's door.

A Tweeter in each rear door and 2 6-9 in the rear deck & 2 cut out's for speakers in the dash nothing there right now that's how it came when I got the car.

The radio is the stock one the tape player did work once but does not now & if any body has a CD player for a 1990 STE with eq built in and remote buttons in the steering wheel. How much and does it work?

so what do you think i should replace the system with? i would like the stock radio to work with buttons & eq. and can i replace the amp with a after market one or not & keep the same wire system? i know it's a tall order but i like how everything is hidden!

thanks jeff