sedan w/Quad buckets?

Guest TurboSedan

I dont think that buckets from COUPE will fit a sedan I tried that before

put a seats from COUPE to sedan only regular seats not buckets and they were not wide enough and left a lot of space on the sides.

I have a 91 CS sedan with quad buckets. I used to have a 60/40 splitbench in the front, and of course, a ugly grey back bench.

I got the front buckets and shifter console out of a CS coupe (oh, and I have the same problem where the front seats want to tilt forward freely, isn't there a way for them to lock in place??), and the back buckets with middle console out of a Grand Prix Coupe.

I think they look fresh.

I'm having no problems with "funky"-ness and the contour is fine.

When I close the doors, the edge of the seats are roughly an inch and a half or so from the door. And the space in between the back seats (where the console goes) is equal to the space between the front seats, so maybe I got lucky :)

I did slap on some non-textured jet black seat covers on all my buckets so they all look new, clean, and uniform. (Maybe that provides the "contoured" look :D )

Oh, when I got the back buckets, I took the back "cover" thing too. It's like a huge piece of carpeted plastic with a "flap" that leads to the trunk.

(It goes in between the seats and the trunk sound deadener thing, although I removed the sound deadener)

Perhaps if you didn't take this thing when you got your back seats, it could be the reason why they're unable to seat properly??

The only problem I have with my back seats is that the metal brackets that come out the bottom don't reach where they're supposed to bolt on to. They come up a little short. (they're supposed to go down to the seat belt bolt) But I'm not too concerned with that, I'll either drill and tap some holes (when I get a tap) or I'll find a way to extend the brackets somehow...either way, it's not a big concern.

Anyways, I'm assuming that they'll be ok as long as they all match and you have the plastic part. It worked for me :D

Maybe one day when I'm not lazy, I'll take some pictures of my car and scan em!

And, Oh yea, I'm thinking about putting in the shifter console from the Grand Prix in, I'm starting to think that I like it better than the CS one... anyone have any input?? Would this even be possible?? I'm assuming it would... I think I even want the "sports dash" too....

Well Anyways, I'm Out...

-MaD-

Hey guys...

Saw you talking about using a set of Grand Prix rear buckets for your CS. I have a GP parts car that has Grey Leather rear buckets that I would be willing to let go for $150 (+shipping) to include the rear panel. The little center door is not there but everything else is in very good shape. I also still have the front seats, they need some work though. Take a look here... http://www.netavalanche.com/tgp/viewtopic.php?t=156

Let me know... 8)

Dam, TG, if only they were black leather buckets, I'd buy em in a heartbeat. If you can EVER get your hands on some nice, uncracked or ripped black leather buckets, shoot me an email, I'd be willing to take em off yer hands.

-MaD-

Hey guys...

Saw you talking about using a set of Grand Prix rear buckets for your CS. I have a GP parts car that has Grey Leather rear buckets that I would be willing to let go for $150 (+shipping) to include the rear panel. The little center door is not there but everything else is in very good shape. I also still have the front seats, they need some work though. Take a look here... http://www.netavalanche.com/tgp/viewtopic.php?t=156

Let me know... 8)

YOU are the Person I was looking for.....

what do you want for the Rear stuff Shipped to Zip 55750??

and does it include all that stuff for the Rear Seat area, consol Back plate and deck lid?

Let me know

Yea, that one looks REAL fresh (the one with the DIC)

You may need to get the grand prix dash part too though, I doubt it will fit with the CS "sports" dash...maybe it will work with the base dash (the one with the drop-down ash tray)

At any rate, the Grand Prix dash is pretty cool too :) I'd love to see how it looks in my car

-MaD-

• 2 weeks later...

The back center console will bolt in if you're handy with a drill and are able to access the underside of the car somehow.

You probably should have also have gotten that bracket that the console bolts into then just drill the appropriate holes and thread some small bolts through them and you'll be able to bolt that bitch right up :)

-MaD-[/b]

What color are the seats you have in there now? If they are leather and gray or black I will buy them off you (assuming you don't want them because of poor fit.)

SuperBuick

Go here and look at the photos of the rear seats. I will take $100 for the rear seats and the rear center console. You pay for the shipping to your place. They are not heavy so it shouldn't cost too much. Let me know if you are interested. This car is just about ready to go to the scrap yard... 8) http://www.gmsonline.com/tgp/viewtopic.php?t=156

Joshua,

How do you like the coil overs on your car? I am looking into a larger rear sway-bar first, but I am open to the coil overs too. I am going to send you the money for the 3-point dog-bone and torsion mount tomorrow morning. $25 shipped right? 8)

well i finally got some pics of the rear bucket seats and console. i also took a pic of the rear e-brake cables and the cable bracket ('94+ rear brake upgrade). go here:

http://groups.msn.com/OldsCSsedan/shoebox.msnw?Page=1

thanks,

joshua

Heh, you know, for the picture's sake, you COULD have taken a nice damp rag to all that filth accumulating in the interior :?

Just a thought, I suppose...

Other than that, the car looks devastating as HELL with that shifter! and I'm liking that GP center console a LOT...

Damn, I want a 5-Speed :(

Maybe I should learn how to drive a stick shift car first...

Oh well

-MaD-

Yeah, I put rear buckets in my 4 door CS. I needed to make some aluminum brackets for the upper seat loops so the spacing was correct, but they fit fine. There is about 2-3 inches on the sides when done, though. Instead of using the rear plastic to cover behind the seats, I used one peice of carpet that covered the rear deck and extended down to go behind the seats. Then, I used some metal mesh to make a stong barrier under the carpet. And the center console was mounted by drilling holes and using bolts and nuts (after pulling the fuel tank), or if you cannot do this, use some JB Weld. It won't hold that good, though.

Jason