Got XM Radio for Christmas :)

GOT2B GM

Got XM radio in my Z now. I have a Delphi SkyFi2 receiver. I'm undecided on where to mount it though. Where it is right now is quite a reach. I'm thinking a suction cup windshield mount maybe.

Pics:

xmhu.jpg

xmant.jpg

z34indrivewaydec27.jpg

i got it to its pretty sweet(even though its not hooked up yet, i got the whole kit that goes with the new xm ready sony cd player i got. Its all getting installed next week but just incase you didnt know, if your bored you can listen to xm online off of there website, thats what ive been doing till i got it in my car

I mounted mine on the center console...but IIRC you have the GP console w/ DIC so I guess that won't work for you.

I left my antenna inside the car on the rear deck and it is working fine...I put the antenna on the trunk lid like you and I lost all signal quality??

I guess my car has something seriously wrong with it electrcially lol??

<--------has XM and looooves it!!...i also have my antenna in my rear deck..its right in the center, i put velcro on the antenna part and it sticks to the carpet in my rear deck really nice!...i'll have to take some pics sometime...i originally put mine on my decklid...then on the roof...but, it scratched the hell outta my paint and i was worried someone would try and steal it, so i put it in the inside!

I too was worried about that...not so much about stealing the antenna, but about stealing the receiver since I don't take mine out of the car and yeah, lots of people walk by my car any day at school

I get full signal all the time with my antenna on the trunk lid so I dunno whats up with your's Jeff. Yeah I have the GP console w. DIC so theres not much extra space. I went to Bestbuy and they wanted 40 bucks for a suction cup mount!!! :shock: I have an alarm so I just leave it on my dash.

Nice...that suction cup mount (well the one that came with mine) doesn't work to great...yeah I dunno about my car...I think something is shorting out pretty bad with all the electrical whinings in the car speakers. I've tried all tpyes of grounds, nothing wroks. Noise filters don't work, and the damn Sirius antenna desn't work when touching metal, but does when not lol...pretty fucked up