Got dirty floor mats?

Grand Moff Joseph

I sure as hell do, thanks to the mounds of snow around here. :) Anyway, the mats in my Infiniti had gotten extremely grimey (despite the plastic mat covers I have), and were in desperate need of a cleaning. So, instead of spending money to clean them at the pay-n-spray, I decided to do it myself. :shock:

I decided to be daring and pass on the usual carpet cleaners, and instead turned to my can of Woolite Carpet/Upholstery cleaner, which I usually use on the couch, chairs, etc. The results amazed even me - the mats look brand new again. Here's a pic of the results:

mats.jpg

(The weird lines in the mats are from the brush I used - the mats have not dried yet, and need to be vacuumed)

i powerwash mine with soap first :D

As would I, but the pay-n-sprays here suck for the most part, and I didn't feel like going out in the cold. :D

Looks like it worked really well. I'm gonna have to clean the carpets in my Regal come spring time.

I'd do the same to the mats in the Lumina, but they are so thread-bare, they might fall apart...lol :lol:

I just cleaned my mats, and they are sittin in my basement. I meant the interior carpeting i have to clean come spring time. It looks like there's coffee stains all over the place. :( And same here about the floor mats. I have a better and a nicer set, but i keep my worn out drivers mat in cause its got the GM logo in the corner :lol:

Because the winters suck here in NY what I do is cut some outdoor carpeting to match the contour of the floor, then put rubber floor mats over that. Granted, it's not the prettiest thing but in the spring, all I do is take the stuff out, wash it and put it away. My carpets and original floormats are still in perfect shape; not one spot on them. 8)

Looks awesome man. If I tried that with my Lumina mats they might fall apart...driver's side doesn't have much carpet left on it...theres a hole worn through almost where you'd have your heel placed while driving.

Here we just put rubber floor mats with huge lips on the sides...keeps water and salt off the factory carpet...and just pressure wash to clean. Though the initial price is alittle high depending on what you buy

Got any "before" pics of those mats, Grand Moff? How many times did you have to apply the Woolite before they got that clean?

Unfortunately, no I don't. I thought about that after I had already cleaned them. :bash:

Anyway, to give you an idea as to how dirty they were, the mats were so dirty in spots that they looked a few shades darker than what they should be. I applied the Woolite once on the passenger side mat, and twice on the driver side mat, and I used the brush that came with the bottle of Resolve capret cleaner that I have.

Kids love to spill everything from coke to milk in our car. My wife uses Srubbing Bubbles to clean out the mats. Works like if the mats are brand new.

You mean like the toilet bowl cleaner stuff :?:

Kids love to spill everything from coke to milk in our car. My wife uses Srubbing Bubbles to clean out the mats. Works like if the mats are brand new.

You mean like the toilet bowl cleaner stuff :?:

Yep