dent removal

birdman

I don't know of anyplace online, however I heard using dry ice will remove dents. Now, I have no information on that but it sure is an interesting concept. Has anyone ever tried that? or heard of it?

How does dry ice even work? and where the hell do you get it? The only place I ever have seen it was in chemistry class (which was only for about 2 weeks then I got kicked out, long story)

you have to heat certain areas then use the dry ice to cool it and through the expanding and contracting it pops out, somthing like that, and alot of beer factorys sell it. the budwiser factory is 2-3 min away from me. 8) i was lookin into usuing some kind of slide hammer but i have no clue if that will work?? anyone have any ideas???

interesting. I think they did something similiar on overhaul to unstretch some metal, basically a plasma welder or something sparked on the metal to get it hot then douse it with cold water... it might work! Cooling causes the metal to contract.

well i know i can get a suction dent puller for like $20 for the small dents and hopefully get them out good but the big one has me stumped as to how to get it out. anyone else have any ieas of good tips??? thanks.

I've tried the plunger idea on my Festiva before I got rid of it when I dented it from sitting on it. Anyway, I didn't really care if it came out or not, and it didn't. I was even doing it on the large flat part of the hood. So I have to say I don't think the plunger idea will work for squat on that type of dent.

are you talking about just a suction cup like thing because im talking about a thing called the dent king??? i think thats what it is and it looks good for small dents like on my door.

i have wondered if that would work too. the larger suction cups rarely work, but they do sometimes. i am considering trying the dry ice thing on the dent on my newly painted camaro from a stupid board that fell on the top of the front fender :evil: if it doesnt work, im just going to have the see if the paintless dent remover guy can get it out. they showed how to spot paint on one of the car shows the other day :lol:

well when i get the insurance check ill get the dent king and if it works ill let you know, as for the paint, well, theres no man in the world who could sopt this thing :lol: hopefully ill have enough left after dent removing to get it painted in spring.

i know its not what you whant to hear but the 1/4 panel is a job for a pro the tail light pocket on that car is colapsed and has to be pulled out first to get a good gap with the deck lid once those reinforced ares are back were they belong the crease will pull out nicely with a stud gun or mabey a hammer and dolly but that is to be done last or the panel will be ruined if the pocket isnt fixed fist . those first gen luminas were a nightmear to straighten becasuse the metal on the sides warps realy easy due to the weird curve and body line so paintless dent work on the those cars is very rare

thanks for the reply, i knew it wouldnt be paintless but i will be getting a good amount of money here soon and plan to buy quite a few body work tools including a stud gun, and hammer and dolly set. im not new to body work so it wont overwhelm me. so if i can get the tail light pocket back to normal the rest will be just pull and smooth out???

the paintless dent remover didn't work on my bosses truck. Infact, it took the dent out but it scratched the paint! fyi just be careful I guess.

That back fender, I'd try wacking that from inside the trunk, putting a block of wood against the wall of the trunk then hitting it with a rubber mallet. I did this with the dent in my hood on my Lumina. It didn't get it out all the way but it bent the hood back so it looked halfway decent and so it didnt hit the grille and break it everytime the hood closed. :roll:

The Ding King sucks major ass, for lack of a better way to put it. It couldn't even take out a small hail ding after 30 pulls, let alone something like that...

Either the hot glue doesn't stick well enough to the paint, and it pops off too early, or it pops off the plastic puller thing too early, and you have a fuck of a time scraping glue off your still dented body. Don't waste your time.

are you talking about just a suction cup like thing because im talking about a thing called the dent king??? i think thats what it is and it looks good for small dents like on my door.

:lol: I thought you were talking about an actual toilet plunger. I bought one just to see if it was going to work, as I've heard from a few people it does. It doesn't, so don't try it. :P

:lol: I thought you were talking about an actual toilet plunger. I bought one just to see if it was going to work, as I've heard from a few people it does. It doesn't, so don't try it. :P

that's what I was talking about :lol: