Where is the flasher?

91GPSTE

Where the fuck is a turn signal flasher on these cars? I am used to having those little round canisters as flashers in the fuse box but can't find it here. Help.

BTW I just noticed that this car has like 4 fuse blocks. Thats retarded!

The flasher I have seen is on a bracket directly above the accelerator pedal, mounted on the superstructure that retains the brake pedal. i think that the turn signal flasher.... Ummm did you just call your cars design retarded???? I think you need to hand over the keys now.

They aren't all "fuse" boxes, and the are location and function specific discretely organized to make sense.

I've never seen a flasher go bad anyway. what seems to be the problem?

yeah, the fuse system makes perfect sence to me, the drivers side box is all the igintion and saftey related stuff. Passenger side is fuel pump, ign enable and other PCM controlled switches. and the interior fuse box handles all the accessories, security and PCM power.

Turn signal flasher for all 1G's are on the firewall near where the steering column passes through. digitaloutsider has a pic floating around somewhere showing exactly where it is :) .

The hazzard flasher on 94-96 GP's, Cuttys, and Regals is mounted directly beneath the headlight switch.

FWIW, 1.5G Luminas and Montes have only one flasher for both the signals and the hazzards, located in the normal TS flasher location on the firewall (it's looks more like a relay than a standard flasher...)

it took you 30 seconds to replace that stupid plastic switch thing for the brake lights all the way up on the fire wall?

We're talking about the hazards/turn signal flasher, not the brake light switch :roll:

The hazzard flasher on 94-96 GP's, Cuttys, and Regals is mounted directly beneath the headlight switch.

Although not useful for this topic, for future reference, the hazzard flasher on 88-93's is plugged into the circuit breaker box behind the lower access panel on the passenger side. It's near the dinger box and rear window defroster relay. I think 94 Cutlass got it here too, since it had the old interior.

Ah so there it is. I was looking in the manual and couldn't find out where it was. My flashers are just way too slow and getting to the point of being unsafe for driving plus I hate slow flashers.

And yes the design of all the fuse boxes is retarded. They should've put everything on a single fuse panel somewhere in the dash. To get to the lightning fuses, you gotta take apart half the car. The fender brace, coolant tank both gotta come off. WTF?

If you don't like the design any one of us would be happy to take you GP off your hands. and then you should buy a bicycle and avoid the need for any wiring at all.

And you don't need to remove anything to access the panel you mention, it is marked "push here" and "lift here", do so and it pops right out.

If the all the fuse boxes were it one location you'd have a hellacious amount of wires all crammed together, which would be a fire hazard, and many of these boxes are strategic to the items they protect. For example, why would anyone want to run a wire from an accessory in the engine compartment inside the car to a fuse box, and then back out to the item, when the power source and the item are only inched apart?

If you don't like the design any one of us would be happy to take you GP off your hands. and then you should buy a bicycle and avoid the need for any wiring at all.

And you don't need to remove anything to access the panel you mention, it is marked "push here" and "lift here", do so and it pops right out.

If the all the fuse boxes were it one location you'd have a hellacious amount of wires all crammed together, which would be a fire hazard, and many of these boxes are strategic to the items they protect. For example, why would anyone want to run a wire from an accessory in the engine compartment inside the car to a fuse box, and then back out to the item, when the power source and the item are only inched apart?

Sure just pass me some sum of money and it's yours. :lol: And I wasn't referring to the one that sits on top but to the one underneath bolted to the fender.

Sure just pass me some sum of money and it's yours. :lol: And I wasn't referring to the one that sits on top but to the one underneath bolted to the fender.

No thanks, I've got a fleet, and I've sited two broken GPs on my block I could get cheap and fix. I can't enjoy them less I fix them! lol

But they do have the for sale section on this site, so if you're serious, most anyone here would love to get their hand on such a nice car!

I was thinking of the typical 1991 style right front fuse box. It sounds like your talking about a 94+ GP with like a 3 by 4 lid on the RF? screw driver the retainer from the side, pry to box down slightly and it slides out.

Yea the 91' style with a lid on top that snaps in place. But if you look in the manual it lists the light fuse box underneath it. Remove the fender brace and the coolant bottle and underneath the big fuse box is another small one.