Andrea's 1990 TGP for sale

tgp4sale

1990 Turbo Grand Prix for Sale

$750.00! or best offer

Year: 1990 Make: Pontiac Model: Turbo Grand Prix Mclare (TGP)

Motor: 3.1L V6 Turbo Color: Black Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico

Interior: Gray leather power seats, HUD, electronic compass. Sony CD.

Mileage: 118,631

Modifications: After-market front mounted intercooler

Car History:

My girlfriend (Andrea) bought this car (see photos) in Lubbock, TX in Dec 2000. The previous owner did lots of repair work on the car in 1999 including installing a rebuilt transmission, rebuilt motor, and turbo (see below for list of parts). The previous owner "ran the car hard" and may have used it a street racer, but he did not drive it long before it was repossessed over a loan for the repairs. The car was in storage for over 6 months before we got it. We put new front tires on it, rear brake pads, and that really expensive master-cylinder/ABS part right before we moved and drove the car to Las Cruces, NM in Oct 2001. Car has been sitting ever since so now it is time for it to go to a good home.

Known Issues:

Exterior

* Paint is faded on hood, mirrors, rear bumper skin and pealing to primer on roof and top surfaces of trunk.

* Small dent on drivers side front fender, near headlight.

* Passenger side door handle broken off.

* Front air dam is broken off in center.

* Drivers side door sticks.

Interior

* Drivers seat leather is cracked and seam near top outside edge of seat came apart.

* Radio is not factory original so steering wheel buttons do not currently work.

Mechanical

* Cracked cross-over pipe.

* Currently does not run, but when it did run, it smoked (turbo seals?).

* Needs AC work.

Work done just prior to 10-1-2001, ~117000 miles on odometer:

* New tires (2)

* New rear brake pads

* Rebuilt ABS/Master cylinder

Work done 6-1-1999, ~114000 miles on odometer:

* New upper and lower hoses

* New spark plugs and wires

* New belts

* New turbo actuator

* New radiator

* Rebuilt engine

Work done prior to 6- 1- 1999 but not sure exactly when:

* Rebuilt transmission

* Rebuilt turbo (but I believe the turbo is bad now due to seals)

General Description:

No rust at all, does not appear to have been in any major accidents and the body is in relatively good shape. Interior is in relatively good shape. This rare car could be a good "fixer upper" or parts car for the right person. Contact Us for more information.

see web page for photos

http://Http://scott_schrader.home.comcast.net

This car is listed on http://www.tgpforums.com, http://www.autotrader.com (Alberquerque NM), and http://www.americanclassifieds.com (Las Cruces, NM).

Yeah I get that alot. But why not come down to sunny NM :idea: , the chile is hot and have cold beer :!: It can't be but just 3 days of 12 hour driving a uhaul to get here from anywhere in US. Well worth it for the best mexican food you have ever had, not even to mention the TGP that is ripe for the picking.

Thanks,

Scott

Word up on the food there. The restaurant I went to when I was there had hot salsa. Thats all I remember cause after that got hella drunk.

Sorry for the late reply, I have been away from the PC for a few days :bash: .

Garette Powered:

I have eaten lots of Mexican food in many places (including many places in Mexico, but when you are there they only call it "food") and I can say with out a doubt: "Las Cruces, NM" has the best dang Mexican food there is. So yeah, word 8) .

Digitaloutsider:

Southern New Mexico is still sunny and clear this time of year so always good for a visit. I understand the $ thing, that is one reson why I am not going north for Christmas this year.

19cutlass94:

I do have a truck and could rent a trailer. The rest of my family lives in NJ so I could take a really long ride and visit my folks...but I am unable to take the time off. I am not even going up north for Christmas this year (2nd -3rd time missing Christmas with the folks in 35 years!). Regretably, I will not be able to deliver a TGP to you for Christmas :wink: .

EurosportZ34:

Thanks for the comments. Sometimes it is hard hard to find a good home for a good car. I hope someone will give this car the love that it deserves.

Thanks everyone,

Scott

damn i even live in co and thats still far

That is what I was thinking also.

Paul you know of anyone with a truck and a trailer or dolly? I know of a guy with a truck but he is so frikkin moody I never know when to ask him for favors like this. :roll:

Moving under its own power can range from 500-700. Not moving under its own power is 650-1400. Depends on the company and their rules..

• 4 weeks later...