How do you think this will work/look?

PCGUY112887

Ok here are my plans.

-Rear addco sway bar

Link

(i've been told to call addco for the bar)

-ST Springs

Link

-KYB Front and Rear Struts, and heavy duty front mounts and rear mounts

Link

- 94-96 5 Spoke Rims (the painted ones not the chrome)

with 225/60-16 (stock size?) tires? (or use a different size?)

-Front STB, rear STB is already installed.

I'm just worried about what it would look like with the front being lower but the rear not... any words of advice or suggestions?

I've also been suggested to try the birchmount rear monoleafspring however i'm still looking for a place to buy it.

Thanks.

car1.jpg

I wouldnt be worried about the front not matching the rear. I like the looks of the front a little lower than the rear. and I wouldnt mess with those monoleafs. just get some coilovers and call it a day

Am I going to have any sort of alignment problems after doing this? I was reading on another forum with someone with a 97+ that lowered their front and afterwords they shop coulden't align it correctly and they wanted to cut his strut and yadda yadda yadda.

I just won't want to end up buying all of this and taking it up to the shop to have them install it, then them have some problem that is going to cost me to make right.

Well want to do this all up as well,

so far I have the Intrax front lowering springs, and the rear birchmount.

You have to call Birchmount directly. and he will make it and ship it to you after you pay him. He has the template. See group buy thread for contact info. Coilovers are definitley a better option since you cant adjust the birchmount and they are pretty stiff.

Let me know if you can get the REVISED addco rear sway bar. If so I will be purchasing 2, so maybe another group buy???

I have KYBS on the front with the intrax and monroe sensatraks on the back with the birchmount. No noise, feels great and handles AWESOME. Although sway bar will be better. I also have the front STB only, getting Rear STB soon.

The only concern I would have, is before lowering the rear, I was always feeling like the rear would swing out on me if I went to fast. So if you plan on lowering the front only and have an stb. Remind yourself to take the corners slowly.

Oh, and for the fronts I am going to be upgrading to the 96+ knuckles/strut. I recommend getting new strut bearing plates as the steering will be stiffer if you use old ones with the new springs. (at least this is what i noticed)

So it sounds like I should wait to lower till I can afford to lower all the way around?

Thats my recommendation. However I did lower the back before the front and drove it like that for a month.

Thats because i was worried about the deteriorated leaf breaking while driving.

yeah, no more st springs. i did the front only on mine for a while until i couldnt stand it anymore. if you will be able to lower the rear in the near future, i would just do the front for now, but if its going to be a while i would just wait on the springs.

Guest TurboSedan
Ok here are my plans.

-Rear addco sway bar

Link

(i've been told to call addco for the bar)

-ST Springs

Link

-KYB Front and Rear Struts, and heavy duty front mounts and rear mounts

Link

- 94-96 5 Spoke Rims (the painted ones not the chrome)

with 225/60-16 (stock size?) tires? (or use a different size?)

-Front STB, rear STB is already installed.

I'm just worried about what it would look like with the front being lower but the rear not... any words of advice or suggestions?

I've also been suggested to try the birchmount rear monoleafspring however i'm still looking for a place to buy it.

Thanks.

car1.jpg

i'm doing alot of the same stuff to my white Turbo STE. i have white 5-spoke GP wheels on the way. i already have the Addco bar, 34mm DOHC front sway bar, Intrax front springs, and '96 front strut/knuckle assemblies (for front brake upgrade) in my garage waiting to go in. i'm in the middle of upgrading the rear brakes to '94+ right now. i'm going to wait till i get it all together before i decide on STBs though. i'll be going with KYB GR-2 struts all around, but will be using FFP coilovers in the rear.