cleaning perhaps?

3pt1lumina

Just wondering, is there a way to clean the laser by buying something to stick in there and let it play? I know there are cassettes that do this for cassette players.

If such a thing exists, where can I get it, what is it, and how much? I'd like to do this tonight if possible. Thanks!

I have one...it has three little brushes that stick out of the bottom of the cd. There are prompts that tell you when to switch tracks...when you switch through one track it cleans the laser (you can hear the motor slow down and then back up)....

I think mine is made by Cierco?? or something like that. I got it at Future Shop

I wouldnt use those.

Tried it once in a guys xbox, the thing now sits in the corner collecting dust as it stopped reading anything. I wouldnt trust anything with little bristles on it.

I have used it on home electronics and I have seen no improvements

go buy a can of compressed air and blast the fuck out of it

I wouldnt use those.

Tried it once in a guys xbox, the thing now sits in the corner collecting dust as it stopped reading anything. I wouldnt trust anything with little bristles on it.

I have used it on home electronics and I have seen no improvements

go buy a can of compressed air and blast the fuck out of it

I'd be careful with that compressed air.

I dunno how/why those small brushes would hurt the lens :S....what was happening to the xbox that made you try that cd laser cleaner anyway??

And sometimes you aren't supposed to use them with dvd drives

FWIW, I've used quite a few different brand CD player cleaner discs that have the little brushes on them. I use them regularly to clean every one of my home/car/"Walkman" CD players, DVD players, along with my computer's CD-ROM/DVD drive and have never encountered any problems...