MY winterization progress...

Euro

I got bored on my day off today and figured today is as good a time as any to "winterize" my car

So far I---

-took off Z grille to prep for paint(no its true.....the world IS coming to an end im painting my grille :roll: )

-took off nighshaded tails to re-do them this winter as well

-ordered new plugs/wires

-put away my bra, headlight covers, all my other nice weather stuff for shows etc..

its sad...seeing my car naked without all this stuff on it :lol:

Um....how is the bra a summer thing?

And good to hear! I laid new carpet in the GP for winter, it's that cheap shit from wally world. Figure it's gotta save some on the stock stuff. True, my car is like 1 of 1,000,000...but I love it too much...ha. Not to mention, it's in almost perfect shape.

well i shoulda explained the bra...i just dont wanna risk anything starting underneath the bra over the winter....I'd rather have it off...and kept clean and dry inside...then having to clean it every week and risk ruining my paint

yeah i need some crappy carpet mats too....

Hmm... I think I might wash and give my car a good wax in the next day or two, since it is nice out. Then, a new application of Rain-X on all my windows, along with new windshield wipers. Already have the stock wheels back on the car.

-took off Z grille to prep for paint(no its true.....the world IS coming to an end im painting my grille :roll: )

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :skep: :skep: :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly:

GLAD TO HEAR!!!!1

Can;t wait to see it.. And so help me, if you paint it black, I will hurt you.. :lol:

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :skep: :skep: :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly:

GLAD TO HEAR!!!!1

Can;t wait to see it.. And so help me, if you paint it black, I will hurt you.. :lol:

hahaha... :werd:

that's awesome, i can't wait to see it painted Matt!! you'd better take some pics of your naked car for me to see. are you going to rock the stock Lumi rims or the MC rims this winter?

I usually dont do too much to get ready for winter. Although in the spring I spent 3 days under the car putting on the POR15. Wanted to do more before winter comes, but i just have no time at all to have my car up on jackstands for days at a time.

*gasp* Congrats! Can't wait to see it...should look good.

To be honest, I saw a silver Lumina the other day with a black Z grill...guess who I thought of when I saw that. :roll:

haha MEEEEEEEEEEEE

lol no its being painted the body color.....and unfortunately im riding on the MC wheels...unless i get some mysterious cash for winter tires/steelies

i'll have to get mid-winter pics with the stock tails and grille on

its looks really weird with the front end all ONE Color :lol:

I feel your pain....my car is all ready for winter...though I don't do much to prep it....my car already has salt on it lol... at least you guys can still wax cars and shit.

I gave my dad's Taurus a quick wax after school today because it was falf ass warm (like 43*F maybe)....wax barely dried lol

well i shoulda explained the bra...i just dont wanna risk anything starting underneath the bra over the winter....I'd rather have it off...and kept clean and dry inside...then having to clean it every week and risk ruining my paint

Funny...for the same reason that's why I run a bra.

With all sand/rocks on the road getting thrown up in the winter, that bra is your only line of defense against those paint chips. As for the sand and salt that work behind the bra, 7 years of having a bra in the rust belt have left me with nothing but a hood with no paint chips and nice paint. Of course, running a bra all year, who cares about the paint under it as long as it doesn't rust out? If you worry about the bra itself, get a summer one and a winter one.

you must got big man boobs

:lol2:

I was thinking of getting a bra, not because I've got man boobs, but because the previous owner gouged up the front bumper...and i drove off the road the other day and scraped up the bumper some more. Not too bad, I went a whole year and 2 months with the car before I put a scratch on in. :roll: