Invasion1

88-91, standard on Internationals. Available on others.

If you just want gauges and don't care about digital, you can replace a base digital cluster with an analog gauges cluster. It's a drop-in replacement. Denso UB3 cluster takes some effort to install.

So how much cost and effort would it take to replace the oil pres and coolant temp switches with senders? As well, I didn't catch anything in the upgrade article about the volt gauge and the tach. I curious to hear what some of you have paid to get a full functioning UB3 Cluster.

Thanks,

Timo

The oil pressure sender is easy. It's next to the oil filter and is just threaded. I don't believe you need to do anything but unplug the switches, unscrew them, screw in the new senders, and plug the harness back into them.

The volt gauge uses the power feed to the cluster, so it doesn't need a sender. The tach uses the Bi-directional serial data (ALDL wire) from the diagnostic connector. I need to update that page to specifically mention it, but it's shown on the pinouts.

I paid $25 shipped for my used UB3 cluster. I've seen them on Ebay for less, however.

Shaun,

Thanks for the info. Should one go to the junkyard for the semders or are they cheap enough new? At $25 for the UB3, that sounds like a cheap way to treat oneself to something nice. I will have to keep my eyes open.

Thanks,

Timo

From O'Reilly Auto Parts the oil pressure sender was $15 for a Borg Warner. The coolant temp one is probably cheaper because it's smaller, so I don't think I personally would bother with the junkyard on those items.