====

Invasion1

See what the body shop quotes you for filling the holes or using a junkyard trunklid. Then decide whether to go out and get a trunklid.

Are you painting the back up bar too?

Woot!!!

here is a poor pic of it :lol:

39_1_b.JPG

now for what to do for a trunk lid....i will have to have both repainted Arctic White as to match the car....

whats the better option?

try to use the trunk lid i have now modified (weld up the holes from the cargo rack mounts) or buy a used no hole trunk lid?

im having it done professionally cause i hate doing paint and body work....

cheers

Dave

BTW, you bought from HDDautoparts again. We have found they have Carchoppers, decepticon2772. We have been keeping an eye closely on them for blatant plagerized auctions(ebay let them get away with it before on a minor technicality)

I am sorry for not getting back to you on the rear i was organizing my storeroom this morning and located the slippery bugger.

cool...i am still looking for a lip spoiler and lights for mine...man these things are hard to find!

No kidding, the last 3 sets that came in were badly cracked. I got 1 with a minor crack then dropped it.

Buy a lid from a j/y and have 'em painted. Don't bother trying to fill the holes on the other one. Personally I think you'd have more money stuck in trying to cover up the old holes rather than just having one painted.

Buy a lid from a j/y and have 'em painted. Don't bother trying to fill the holes on the other one. Personally I think you'd have more money stuck in trying to cover up the old holes rather than just having one painted.

:werd:

I'm pretty sure that the labor cost in filling all those holes and the repainting the original one would outweigh the cost of getting a JY trunklid, and having it painted.

And theres always the chance that you can find a white trunklid in the yard... so you can save some $$$ there if you get lucky.

Fair enough i will get a Lid with no holes...

both the lip spoiler and the lid will be repainted to match regardless so that should work out fine.

I was wondering if you were going to leave it black or not. Wouldn't look bad either way.

Just curious, are you going to keep the non-lip tails on there?