Possible New Car... PICS!!!

CuttySup

I may be replacing my Cutlass soon. I have to. It has a blown head gasket and it now has a leaking intake gasket. I took it to a local Buick dealer and they said that they'll give me $1500 for a trade. As for the trade, I'm looking at a 2001 Intrigue GL. It has 63,000 miles on it. It's red with tan leather, moonroof, dual power seats, rear spoiler, etc, etc. They gave me what I think to be a pretty good price of $7,621 out the door.

220387803.jpg

This is another Intrigue at the same lot. It is identical to the one I'm looking at, except mine doesn't have the chrome wheels.

Yep, Intrigue's came with the 3.5 (I think that was the only available engine)?

Anyway, I've taken a couple Intrigues for a spin, and those 3.5s are nice engines. :)

Hey Cutty...how about the black Regal that is right behind the red Intrigue?

That sounds almost too good to be true (or is that the price you'd pay after they knock off what they'd give you for your old car?) Be sure to run a CARFAX on that sucker before you buy it anyway. If it comes back clean, then go for it!

FYI, the 3800 was the standard engine in 98 and 99. In 99 the 3.5 was optional, and after 99 it was the only engine available...

I checked out a Intrigue a couple days ago at some dealer, just for the hell of it, I'm not buying, but man do I like that car. If carfax says it's clean, go for it.

That sounds almost too good to be true (or is that the price you'd pay after they knock off what they'd give you for your old car?) Be sure to run a CARFAX on that sucker before you buy it anyway. If it comes back clean, then go for it!

Don't forget, it is American after all!

W's are dirt cheap around here, even the newer ones. That price sounds pretty much what it's worth.

It looks to be W-body central in the picture! Believe me, I checked out the two Regals they had, along with a certified '02 Alero GLS, and the Impala in the picture. The black one behind it is a 25th Anniversary edition LS with over 100k on it. The white one is a LSE I think.

$8,995 asking price

$7,621 after trade before tax

$8,166 after trade with tax/title etc.

The one in the picture was just sold that day. It's a 2000 GLS with 88k for $5,995 w/out the sunroof.

The one I'm looking at is a one-owner new car trade.

be EXTREMELY careful with carfax.... my Malibu was in an accident and it never showed up on carfax! your best bet is to go with what you know and look for orangepeel, gaps that do or dont line up, overspray, or suspension issues. crawl underneath it and look for welds or body parts that aren't sprayed completely. check for old paint meeting new, such as in the door jambs or around body moldings...

if this all checks out definitely go for it! the color is sweet plus you'd have a moonroof and leather and then i'll envy you :lol:

or the always useful check of seeing how the emblems line up...ive seen some pretty crappy jobs that body shops do

like for example...i saw a 99+ GA GT with GRAND AM GT on one door...and the other door it seriously said GT AM GRAND :lol: i still se it every now and then

be EXTREMELY careful with carfax.... my Malibu was in an accident and it never showed up on carfax! your best bet is to go with what you know and look for orangepeel, gaps that do or dont line up, overspray, or suspension issues. crawl underneath it and look for welds or body parts that aren't sprayed completely. check for old paint meeting new, such as in the door jambs or around body moldings...

if this all checks out definitely go for it! the color is sweet plus you'd have a moonroof and leather and then i'll envy you :lol:

I think accidents only show up on CARFAX when they are reported to police or insurance companies. I've had a fender-bender with my Cutlass that I fixed myself and it wasn't reported to police. How would that show on a report?

yea or when the plow backed into my car.

thing with carfax is if you do the buyback guarntee, then an accident does show up, they buy the car back from you or something like that

thing with carfax is if you do the buyback guarntee, then an accident does show up, they buy the car back from you or something like that

Exactly. If you go to the DMV and pull the records for your vehical, and you are not able to get title because the vehical was previously totaled, or wrecked, then CARFAX will pay you an x amount of money.

griffin i like the car, you need to find one with my rims on it. hahah, i might not be out to play with my GP for a little while, since i got a little nitrous backfire and exploded some shit, but it should be back in order the next few days