GI: Custom One-off FIBERGLASS door pods for your Z34 Lumina

shaferz

Well... these things have just been collecting dust since I got the GTP, so I'm finally offering them for sale.

These pods housed 2 pairs of 5.25" Bazooka RS series component mid-bass drivers and they sounded great. I'll post some pictures first, and post description afterwards. On to the pics of the build and finished pics...

Not really much to add after each picture. Information is after the pictures. :) Thanks!

DSC02831.jpg

DSC02832.jpg

DSC02847.jpg

DSC02852.jpg

DSC02870.jpg

DSC02883.jpg

DSC02892.jpg

DSC02914.jpg

DSC02952.jpg

DSC03103.jpg

DSC03104.jpg

DSC03114.jpg

DSC03116.jpg

DSC03610.jpg

DSC03617.jpg

Any interest in something like this? Took me a couple of days to build. As you can see, they are currently wrapped in a thick vinyl, because I didnt have the time nor the patience to smooth them completely out. Actual fiberglass fibers were used SPARINGLY, and only in spots that were weak from the coats of fiberglass resin on the thick cloth that we used. We used quite a bit of resin/hardener so they are relativley thick. I sprayed a sound deadener inside of the pods to eliminate any reverb problems that might have surfaced.

To install these, you WILL have to cut holes in your doors where the wires come out of the back of the pods, and on the drivers side, it was very tight near where the window switches were, but it did fit. Where the pods hit where the 'map pocket' area is on the factory Z34 doors, I trimmed the 'map pocket' area down so that the pod was able to be angled down slightly from what the pics show. Regardless, this setup gave that nice kick-drum KICK while listening to ACDC and similar. Again... it houses 5.25" speakers. I cut holes in my doors above the door handle for my tweeters, but you'll have to do that on your own. I am selling ONLY the pods and the wire that is ran in them (not the speakers). The wrapping is not perfect, and I probably should have pulled it tighter when I did the wrap. It was good enough for me, so I assume it should be enough for most other people.

I have NO CLUE at what to offer these for, so shoot out some offers for me.

Any questions... just ask. :)

-Zach

ps... eh... I've had multiple screen names on here because I kept forgetting password. RareGmFan, and BrianG can vouch for me though. :)

That is hot!

I've got no idea what I'd charge for something like that, though. Props on the work!

Thanks for the kind words. That's the dilema that I'm having right now. I dont even know what sort of offers to entertain. On one hand... it was a LOT of work. On the other hand... they are just sitting here in a box doing nothing right now. I need to get rid of them because they are taking up room in my basement that is already filled with car parts for AND from my GTP. :lol:

moved to car audio, when you determine a price that you are going to sell them for then start a thread in the F/S section

Are you serious? I'm asking members of your forum to make a price on this product. I didnt know that you couldnt make 'best offer' for sale threads here. :( Seeing how these are a one-off type of thing, I figured it would be ok to post it in the for sale forum. Sorry

Just an FYI...

I have had numerous offers via PM, and the best offer so far is $115 shipped.

I will sell them to that person if nobody offers more by sunday night.

Zach S.

$115.

Nobody offered me more, so unfortunately, I had to let them go for that. They were just sitting here collecting dust and doing me no good, so hopefully Matt can use them. :)

It would be a bargain at twice that amount!

Nice deal. I was wondering what you think I should ask for a set of fiberglass door pods that go in under the factory door panel. I make them to fit component speakers with 4 inch mids.

I am thinking about putting a set of them up for sale. They should fit most w-body 1st gens.

I also make tweeter plates for dash mount tweeters. So for all that?

I used matting very sparingly on this application. The combo of the thick MDF and the nice backing plate, and the 'cloth' was one of the thicker fleeces that they had, so it worked out really well and really soaked up a lot of resin.

Garrett Powered... post pics. :mrgreen:

$115.

Nobody offered me more, so unfortunately, I had to let them go for that. They were just sitting here collecting dust and doing me no good, so hopefully Matt can use them. :)

Oh I can't wait to put them in!! :D I've just started looking around at component sets to install in them. How'd you like your Bazookas?

$115.

Oh I can't wait to put them in!! :D I've just started looking around at component sets to install in them. How'd you like your Bazookas?

Matt...

They sounded really nice. Gave the kick that I was looking for. I will admit that the vocals werent as strong as what I was looking for, but I should have used an amp instead of attempting to power them off of the Alpine head unit that I had at the time.

I was a retard. I spent a lot of time and money on the pods and head unit and sub setup, but I went cheap when I didnt run a seperate amp for the midbass drivers. :oops:

Boston's are really nice, but they arent cheap. I'll tell ya what though... these things are gonna sound WAY better than the crap 4X6's that Chevy put in the dash. :D :D