The Cutlass is alive!

eclipse5302

I know it's not a TGP, but it has a TGP drivetrain.

I just finished putting the 3.1 TGP engine and 5 speed back into the Cutlass. Had to get the trans welded to fix a leak (slicks and wheelhop are bad, ummmkay). I got the engine from a yard, it has 125k miles. It included the turbo (which is perfect, no oil burning or endplay) and was $250! Smokin hot deal! I replaced all of the gaskets and cleaned it real good. I just took it for a drive, and it drives great! Nice and quiet with the stock exhaust (a far cry from my 3 inch exhaust on my TurboSTE).

I'm putting the leather seats in tomarrow, and I'll try to get some pics.

Finally, I've got two cars that are complete! hehe

Jason

Guest TurboSedan

cool beans :) i've been getting alot of work done to my car too, then it is time to turbo my CS. i can't wait to have them both going at the same time.

btw, which car is getting your turbo 3100?

joshua

Well, the 3100 Turbo is going to get massively rebuilt for power and put into the TurboSTE. The old TurboSTE engine will be put on a stand and sit quietly ready for reinstall if something happens to the 3100 engine. I plan on making the TurboSTE the fast car, and the Cutlass the normal daily driver.

And the seats came form a 95 Cutlass. They look great, I just finished cleaning the car fully. I'll get pics real soon, I promise!

Jason

Guest TurboSedan

i just posted a pic of it under the 'new turbocharged toy' thread in the whatever section...

i have the engine and trans out and am in the middle of cleaning everything up getting things ready to be resealed. i still need to buy a clutch kit and resurface the flywheel but that should only be $165 and another $200 on gaskets and engine mounts. so for $300, plus $400 or so on parts i'll have a nice 14 second car. i cleaned the interior and it looks almost new inside :) whoever had this car really took care of it - i can hardly believe the 207,000 mile odometer. i'm really hoping to have it on the road within 3 weeks....

joshua

Gratz on your Cutty!!!

I guess I'll have to watch out for certain cuttys in the Milwaukee area now hehehe... Not to mention Turbo STE's!!!! Honestly, I don't think I have seen a single one in this area.

Ok, I am going to begin compiling a list of what I need for a turbo motor. I am not planning on slapping a turbo on the 97' Cutty, well maybe I would but... i think the computer will be my problem.

I'll have to keep my eye open for a donor car, probably a Cutty, and begin saving up for the project. It may take me a few years, but I really want to do this. Would a 95' or 96' be pretty easy to Turbo? I know, I know, I keep worrying about the computer issue.

I honestly would rather turbo the 3100, than swap in a 3.1 unless the 3.1 would be the stouter motor..... I'll paruse the threads and start my list.

Well, if you need some Turbo 3.1 parts, I've got a few. I have for sale soon:

3.1 turbo block (needs to be bored out, perfect for going .040 over and using new pistons...which are only like $150-200).

3.1 Plenum, pistons, crank, heads (mild port work), other stuff I can't think of now (about 80% of the engine). I may be able to come up with a turbo (will need rebuild) if someone takes everything. If you (or anyone) wants any of this stuff, let me know. This would be perfect if you come by the Milwaukee area at all...you could pick up. I was going to build this motor before I decided to undertake the 3100 project. The 3.1s are nice because you can build them a bit and not need any major chip changes to the TGP calibration. But the 3100 will need some chip work...not quite sure what or how much yet, but I know I'll have to do something...

Jason

Jason