Wires

Supreme Cutlass

Sodder them or use a crimpable joint connector

pretty half assed to twist them and then tape....... :|

And thus, the reason I asked for a better way :wink:

Soldering isn't that effective for interior use, so what's a crimpable joint connector??

Ah, I know what you're talking about now.... I just forgot I had some in my kit

When I solder in a small confined space I always find someway to burn myself...

:oops:

Guest TurboSedan

i use a Bernzomatic pen torch, a very small bit of paste flux, solder and then heat shrink tubing for any wiring connections i do. the Bernzomatic pen torch is great for wiring and works perfect on the heat shrink tubing too. the only time i've ever actually used a soldering iron on anything in my car was when i fixed the RKE module.

the wiring for my gauges, HUD, stereo and engine wiring harness modification/repairs were all done with the pen torch.

It really depends on the wire's location. If it's in a high flex location like a door boot soldering the wire will make it too brittle and it'll break. Most of the time it's the best, but not always.

It really depends on the wire's location. If it's in a high flex location like a door boot soldering the wire will make it too brittle and it'll break. Most of the time it's the best, but not always.

Never have had that happen to me...

I've ALWAYS solder it and than heatshrink. Black for ground red for power.

I've NEVER had any problems with it being too brittle/not flexing enough/etc., just do it right and don't go down the whole wire...