GI: '89 TGP with getrag 284

skalor

I know the reason I have not replaced the valance yet is because I wanted it to run perfect before I started fixing the few problems it has on the body of the car. I'll probably get a GTP one from a yard if I can find one a decent one. I'm pretty picky though so the chances of finding an acceptable one are fairly slim. :roll: :P

The new one will take on the same appearance of the old one over a short amount of time.

As in none at all, it disapears! :lol: i cant tell if my bumpers warped, it seems straight enough, just a little saggy, i guess granny must have hit somthing hard and ripped that sucker off and broke alot of plastic braces under there. Id rather have a slightly warped valence then no valence, cause whats the chance of even getting a new front facshia?

I got it and its red! Gonna cost you though because it is my spare.

But even if you gotta spend like 6-8 hundred, 1 high speed run without it could cost you $2000 if your tranny decides to overheat and snap a band.(what happened to me)

I guess if you got a stick then it don't matter.

Did you guys catch that c- clamp tip. you can get it to go up snug.

Actually mine was all saggy before I put on the new one and used c-clamps on it.

The GTP one is not EXACTLY the same, but it's appearance is close enough to what ours looks like. I think I read some where once that the front tip of it doesn't come to as sharp of a point as the TGP ones, but that's not something anyone will notice and recgonize as out of place.

Either way, on a TGP with a warped/old/damaged front bumper cover, it's not worth it to place a new valence on it. The new one will take on the same appearance of the old one over a short amount of time.

Luke, I'm the one that posted about that before. Chris A. set me straight on that issue though. The 91-93 style ones are actually the same, they're just supported a lot better than our original valence and this is why the 91-93 usually don't look so pointy in the middle. Chris had pictures of his TGP after installing the newer valence/better bracing and the valence was flatter looking instead of coming to such a point in the center.

I got one of those 91-93 SE valance. You can make replacemnt brakets out of strips of tin or metal. GM would have those replacemet brakets though. Chris A had the part numbers on his site.

I know several bumper places that repair torn or wrinkled vanlace/facshia. My turbo cupe had that done to the back bumper. Looked new till some duffus bumbed into me in the parking lot. They use a plastic welder and some plastic flexing filler and maybe heat to flaten wrinkles.

If its anything like the oldsmobile one, pretty much worthless to a TGP owner.

Unless, you added another lower aluminum plate below that and rivet it on there.

That might actually be better. I could never find no valences for any W in the J/Y in the five years I was looking.