\\\\

Invasion1

Tweeter is just a fancy name for high frequency driver. On a 2-way speaker you would have a woofer and a tweeter, the woofer likely being 6" or smaller (thus providing much of the midrange). The "cutoff point" is the maximum frequency at which the woofer (or midrange speaker in a 3-way design) can go, and the tweeter goes up from there. A larger speaker enclosure (lets say a big 12" woofer home speaker for example) might go from as low as 20Hz to 20kHz. 20kz is as high as the human ear can hear (for some people it's much less lol), and the tweeter provides these high frequencies.

Tweeters can be made of lots of materials, common are paper (cheap), aluminum, titanium, and polyproplyine(sp?).

Invasion, what are you doing in car audio>?!? :lol:

Those ashtrays are annoying. the little tabs break so easy.

I took some grey carpet and used spray adhesive to wrap a little piece of 1/4" mdf square and put some little w- shaped bracket that was just right on the back of it.

then it just clipped into the hole there and was used as my amp gain dial for my old Phoenix Gold amp.

Jeff M put subs in right there. But you could put anything from switches for aux. lighting, or even a voltmeter. I would put tweeters in the dash though 8) . Just make a 1/4" mdf piece to match the speaker screw holes. then take a 1" hole saw or whatever and drill out a hole for the tweeter. crimp them in with the same wiring and you are done. should sound better than those paper cones.

Yeah, those ashtrays are annoying. Do you ever have friends that when sitting back there, all they do is flip the ashtray open and shut, open and shut, open and shut, the whole time they're back there?

I don't think that location is very good for tweeters, but they'd definitely fit.

Yeah, those ashtrays are annoying. Do you ever have friends that when sitting back there, all they do is flip the ashtray open and shut, open and shut, open and shut, the whole time they're back there?

I don't think that location is very good for tweeters, but they'd definitely fit.

If they are anything like the ashtrays in my 2 door Lumina's I hear you on that one. Everyone in the back of my car has some freak fasination with those things and flip em up and down ALL THE TIME! Plus, when they get out of the back somehow the lids get caught on them and open as they get out out of the car :S:S??? Anyway...surprised nothing has snapped off yet

hahaha ya im out of my league in this Forum.... :oops:

i have a decent set up in the car right now that im happy with..

8 Alpine Speakers Total:

Rear Deck- Alpine 3 way 6X9's

Doors- Alpine 2 way 5 1/4's

Dash Alpine 2 way 4"

Custom Location Rear Seat Side Pannels-Alpine 2 way 4"

I have the doors and rear deck speakers powered by a 4 channel Alpine V-Power Amp and the small dash + rear seat speakers running off the deck.

with a Pioneer Premier 940MP deck

no subs and no plans on getting any really.....never had them so i dunno what i may be missing.... :lol:

about the ashtray locations i have got rid of the front one in the dash quite nicely and replaced them with gauges.... 8)

thanks Garrett for the suggestions for the rear ones......i really gotta get rid of them because although there is NO SMOKING IN MY F***IN CAR it seems that gum always finds its way into them :x

A subwoofer can be helpful for a few reasons including good sound. For instance, when I still had paper cone stock speakers they still sounded good at high levels because I blocked the bass off them and left the lows for the sub. the deck runs the frequency you tell it to.

Same concept for the tweeters. they run cleaner when they only have to do the highs. I only run 5 sound drivers and the 6/9s (with the woofer disabled). Sounds good.