adding a cd player

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm wondering if there is a way to add a CD play to my existing 89 component setup. I dont want to remove the current radio, but somehow add just a cheapie cd deck (glovebox mounted or something) that would work... anyone have any ideas?

Guest Anonymous

Thats what I was figuring. I like my 89 component setup but i would still like to have CD s play, too. I could probably get a cheap one for next to nothing.

My factory deck (on my 95) had a 6 disk FM modulated changer in the trunk. I tore it out and sold it to my friend for $80.

For the wiring it's just the typical power wires, and FM connector that connects in with the antenna cable. Then you just turn it to the FM frequencey accoring to the unit. Simple concept and they sound ok (better than the radio obviously).

If you hacked into the console would probably be the best place to put it.

Guest Anonymous

I don't want it in the center console mainly for the fact that i use that for an assload of storage, but it would be most conveinet there. The place that did my engine swap has a few wrecked cars out back and one has an aftermarket CD deck that i could probably have for free ffrom the guy, i'd just have to rig it up somehow.