Caliper Bolts grrrr

PeNZ

Front calipers? Are you talking about the bolts that attach the caliper to the mounting bracket or the TORX bolts that attach the mounting bracket to the spindle? You absolutely have to use the proper TORX bit to remove the mounting bracket bolts, otherwise the head gets stripped out.

I had to cut off one of the mounting brackets on my old Loomie whilst trying to remove one of the bracket's bolts. The previous owner stripped out the TORX and didn't put any anti-sieze on the threads so it was impossible to spin it off. I had to cut the bracket in half, then cut off the head of the bolt just to get the remainder of the bracket off.

But yeah, put a long pipe over the end of your ratchet to give you a bit more leverage when you attempt to break the bolts free...

You know, i might be one hell of a skinny fucking prick, but there's never been ONE bolt on any of my cars that I haven't been able to remove, even with just a ratchet. (Okay, the exception here is the 36mm axle nut. That took a breaker bar.)

You know, i might be one hell of a skinny fucking prick, but there's never been ONE bolt on any of my cars that I haven't been able to remove, even with just a ratchet. (Okay, the exception here is the 36mm axle nut. That took a breaker bar.)

You also don't live in the rusty Northern states.

On the grand prix i had to use the blue wrench to get the caliperbolts off. I messed up 3 torqs trying 2 get them SOB bolts out. If you cant torch the thing, spray it down with PB blaster a few times, get a breaker bar and an impact grade torq bit and with a little luck, you'll break them loose. remember to never seize the bolts before reinstalling.

best of luck

You also don't live in the rusty Northern states.

And for a second there, I felt really really strong. Thanks for nothing, asshole.

:lol:

lol been there!!!!! my front calipers when i first did my brakes like 2 years ago...had to settle with just pads cause nothing we tried worked!!! we did everything listed above except for the torch

cause we didnt have one......

When I did my front brake upgrade we needed a little propane torch help to get those T60 torx bolts cracked. Still can't remember if we antiseized them when we put them back in... hope so lol. I've bought a breaker bar since then so it shouldn't be too bad next time around whatever the case.

A shot of penetrating fluid and tap hard on the bracket to set it up. Let it sit for a bit.

If it doesnt work. Do it again but give it more time.

All else fails. Clean off the remaining fluid and heat it up.