Guys that have painted interior plastic before....

1990lumina

What kind of/type of paint did you use? I'm buying some speaker grilles soon, and they will doubtfully be the correct color....so what type of paint would I use to paint them with??

I think C-BAD's old and faithful 88 might have had some painted interior plastic, but I forget....anyway, thanks for the help :D

Some advise of brand of paint would be appreciated as well, thanks :D

I've painted interior plastics before with the Dupli-Color stuff, not that great. It would work fine on say a dashboard, but I wouldn't recommend it on suff like doorpanels as it chips easy. You may have good luck with it on the speaker grilles, though. The only problem I could forsee is when popping the grilles back on you might chip it because it has to flex to go in there.

I've never used it, but I've heard SEM makes some good dyes (or paints) in many different colors. It's a bit expensive, but it supposedly works really well, according to people I know who have used it.

I've never used the Krylon either, mostly because I hate regular Krylon paints as they are craptastic.

I was talking to my friend about this, because Im gonna be doing this soon, you have to get, its like some kind of adhesive that lets the paint stick to the plastic, not sure what its called though cuz I forgot :oops:

I was talking to my friend about this, because Im gonna be doing this soon, you have to get, its like some kind of adhesive that lets the paint stick to the plastic, not sure what its called though cuz I forgot :oops:

The stuff you are refering to is adheasion promoter. You can get the Kleen Strip brand at Wal-Mart for a few bucks.

Dont really think it's nessicary for some speaker grills. Only thing I've ever needed to use it on is wheels.

Just prime it and paint it with regular paint.

And I agree with logikf1ve, Krylon is junk!!!