[][][][]

Invasion1

So the aftermarket is electronic not mechanical? If it was mechanical it would be an easy troubleshoot. The trans port on the throttle body is by far the best place to plug in.

My thing would be to find a mechanical and compare. 8)

Got my answer

:)

Yea well what is it????

The 0-104 kPa would be a clean conversion to psi if our ECM was correct that way, but its not.

When I read 8 psi the kPa is about 75 and that conversion says 10.8 psi When I read 10 psi the kPa is about 81 and that conversion says 11.7.

I have several gauges, a few that are very accurate and that is what I get from them, and when you tune you want to use the kPa the chip is showing.

Jeff M

To convert kPa to PSI, just multiply the kPa value by 0.14504. To obtain the amount of boost this represents, subtract 14.504 from the result. 100 kPa = 14.504 PSI (0 boost) 150 kPa = 21.756 PSI (which is equal to 7.252 PSI of Boost) :

150 kPa X .14504 = 21.756 PSI

21.756 - 14.504 = 7.252

I seeee, so your logger shows the true 2 bar value?? It must be converting it as my logger shows 0 to 100 (104 actually) kPa max converted to full vacuum (#?) to 14.7/15 psi, and it is written in the McLarn Chip Doc as 15 kPa to 100 kPa! Confusing but not really, still have the same amount of entries/resolution, just different numbers used :) .

Jeff M

well the datamaster software i have is specifically made for the LG5 engine so that may be....

Ok, thats cool, as a tuner though I think knowing the chip entries are based on 15-100 is good to know??? Hope it helps :)

none the less im not making enough boost for some reason....

And here I thought the topic was boost gauge accuracy :P :lol: kidding ya :)

Jeff M

well the datamaster software i have is specifically made for the LG5 engine so that may be....

Ok, thats cool, as a tuner though I think knowing the chip entries are based on 15-100 is good to know??? Hope it helps :)

calling me "A Tuner" is very premature :oops:

especally cause im not sure what your meaning in the above quoted sentance :oops: X2

i think i should change the topics title since yes im not having an false gauge reading... :?

No no, was not jumping the "tuner" gun on ya :) , you are tuning and that is what a tuner does, newbie tuner ok but every good tuner started out as a newbie 8)

In the chip and with the timing and fueling tables, the values use rpm on one side and engine load on the other, engine load as in kPa, and as written in the chip doc, the scales are 15-100 kPa and 20-100 kPa depending on the table, there are other tables that only use a portion of this, or just vacuum, or baro, but the ones most people "tune" are in the fuel and timing, though manual guys got more to work on and you are the first to offer fixes there 8) tuner guy :lol: .

And nope, no need to changed topic, all those faces and the statement "kiddin ya" I made was just that, keep posting right here is just fine 8)....but more details please :P

Jeff M