Bose package from a 93 Z34 lumina

havikx

hey guys, my new z34 i got is sick as hell. only problem is there are a few minor odds and ends that annoy the hell outta me. c'mon, you guys know what i'm talking about. dome light always on..hood night not working...stuff like that.

anywho. the bose package came in this car. its a nice sound. only problem..the front speakers are missing. door mounted ones sound fine..back ones boost up the bass a little..but the sound seems really off-center due to the absense of the front speakers. i checked and the wires arent even runnin to the speaker cut outs anymore.

just to double check..i'm going to have to run a wire from the head to the two speakers in the front. do i have to take off the upper dash to run them? and if my headunti doesnt support the extra speakers..can i splice the wires going to the door mounted ones? and what is the size of the bose front dash speakers in the z34?

sorry for the big post. lots of questions. thanx!

The Lumina Bose system did not have dash speakers.

All it had is the door speakers, and the rear speakers.

Running wires from the headunit will not do you any good either, because the outputs from the headunit are line level and are NOT amplified for speakers. You could splice in to the door speakers, but that would probably kill the balance between your front and rear speakers (fronts get quieter w/ a higher impedance, or louder w/ a lower impedance) as well as stress the (already weak) Bose amp and cause it to prematurely fail. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

The Lumina Bose system did not have dash speakers.

All it had is the door speakers, and the rear speakers.

Running wires from the headunit will not do you any good either, because the outputs from the headunit are line level and are NOT amplified for speakers. You could splice in to the door speakers, but that would probably kill the balance between your front and rear speakers (fronts get quieter w/ a higher impedance, or louder w/ a lower impedance) as well as stress the (already weak) Bose amp and cause it to prematurely fail. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

oh. no dash speakers huh? hmm. didnt know that. is the bose system worth keeping or should i invest in a new system? i mean its an ok sound system but..nothing super special.