Clear corners for a Cutlass?

19Cutlass94

I wouldn't tint the headlights at all. They dont light up the road worth a shit as it is.

Just curious, have you looked into trying Nightshades yet? Might hold up better than tint film.

Just curious, have you looked into trying Nightshades yet? Might hold up better than tint film

No I havent. To be honest, really havent heard of em :lol: Details!!!.....

I keep looking at the car and some of the lights and Im starting not to like some of it. I dont know why, but the yellow/orange side markers, I mean I know just by changing that color, it will look much better. Because I was also thinking about the reverse lights, well get those tinted or at least darker to blend in with the black bar. Maybe a little tint on the tail lights. I deffinatly know what you mean by the headlights. I need to get some silverstars or something because they suck. But maybe the side markers, the inner turn signal lights, and the reverse lights. If I could get those done, Id be a happy person, because I just believe it would look that much better. Dunno if you guys agree.

I got the Silverstars, and they still suck. Some people have even done full HIDs, and they say even those suck. :lol:

You can get the Nightshades from Summit racing ( made by VHT ). It's a spray on stuff, like a transparent spray paint. I know Jeremy did his Cutlass with it, if you are curious how it looks.

I went a different route and used this stuff for RC cars called Pactra tint spray, or something to that effect. You can get it a hobby stores for around 4 bucks. It's a little lighter than the Nightshades, but you could always do more than one coat.

Heres some before/after shots of mine:

newwithtoro257.jpg

newpets0003.jpg

I did two coats on the rear side markers just for practice, one coat on the reverse lights. I left the tails alone because they blend in pretty well on a red car, and I dont want anymore black/dim spots when they light up.

66442357.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Up front, I did the front markers ( looks darker in person ), and ATTEMPETED the side markers. But the spray on tint just wouldn't go on evenly to save my life ( Be careful on large surfaces, it's easy to fuck up ), so I stripped it ( Castrol Super Clean ), and for an added effect, sprayed the back of the markers with black paint. Hard to explain, but there is some orange that is exposed from the back, and after I painted it, it gave it a wider black outline. Hard to tell from the pics, but there IS a difference.

I can see where that made a difference. I think I might try out the stuff you did because like you said, I can make it darker by just adding more. I looked at Jeremy's website there, it looks good, but his car is black so it would, I just think that might be a wee to dark for mine. I think Im deff going to try something similar to that. Mainly because it would cost less than clear corners, plus I think darker might look better too.