The oxidation remains! (updated)

Supreme Cutlass

The oxidation/ the white stuff (I don't know what to call it) on my hood REFUSES to go away. Should I use my electric buffer to try and work the paint cleaner I used before in harder? or does anybody have any reccomendations for a stronger compound?

That's just a wax. If you're paint is going bad you can try to either get in there and get the crap off (probably bad clearcoat), or get a new paint job.

You are going to have to use something aggressive to get oxidation off. It doesn't just rub off, it's gotta be worked out of the paint.

yea, rubbing compound isnt as strong as people think, i used the 3m, had to use it 4 times to get this litle scratch haze out, and the paint looked like new, and didnt look uneven

Like everyone else has said, you must take ther apint down to the level of the oxidation to remove it, it isn't something that comes out easily.

Maybe try you electrical buffer and that 3M stuff, everyone on here seems to agree it is a nice product

If its bad enough, it might have to be repainted. Im trying to think of this one rubbing compound that will take that out, but I cant remember right now. Theres stuff out there thats lot stronger than that 3M.

Well, I got the oxidation off, that's the good news. The bad news..*sigh*..is that I wore down the top coat in that area on the very last application....pics coming soon :?

:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Did you have blue paint in your applicator pad? I'd get some polish (not wax!) and burnish the paint back to a shine. If you did take off the CC, then it should make the area blend in better w/ the rest of the paint. Wax the hell out of it afterwards to protect it.

Did you have blue paint in your applicator pad? I'd get some polish (not wax!) and burnish the paint back to a shine. If you inded take off the CC, then it should make the area blend in better w/ the rest of the paint. Wax the hell out of it afterwards to protect it.

Sounds good