making new hood

Rushman04

alright iam trying to make a new hood with a some nice hood scoops in it. I have the center section of the scoops and it is fiberglass and i was wondering the best way of mating the fiberglass with the metal. Ill show you the results when iam finished with the hood. Thanks

can't do that with sd hood scoops. The reason i got a handle on sd hood is because my sister had it on her 01 grand am and she rear ended another person and the autobody shop got a new hood but her hood where scoops are it is fine so i want to use the scoops on my car.

The only time I ever put a hood scoop on was with my old 77 Firebird. All I did was cut the hole, sand to metal around the area where the scoop was going, laydown some fiberglass cloth (soaked in resin, of course) dropped the hood scoop on, drilled some holes and bolted the sucker down, then added a second layer of fiberglass cloth to sandwich the scoop edges in. I allowed that to dry really, really well, then added the body putty. Sanded everything smooth and added paint.

It worked really well at first, but after about a year the scoop was starting to come up from all the vibration the hood was suffering.