Olds Wheels

Supreme Cutlass

OT - but I hate when they put the balancing wieght on the front of the wheel. Just ruins the look if it, and most shops around here could give a shit and scratch the fuck outta the wheel as well, rant over.

i've seen them on about a 92 cutlass 2 door...they look better than sawblades IMO...

BTW: OT=OFF TOPIC

and, 1990lumina: as much as you don't like wieghts on the outside of your wheels, that is the BEST way to balance a tire is to put the wieghts on both sides of the wheel...i work @ a tire store and i personally balance my own tires that way just to get the best balance...i've balanced em for people just on the inside of the wheel, then when you spin the wheel with it set up for both sides its still not perfectly balanced...

they look tons better than the nasty sawblades

I was always under the impression that the rims at the top of the page were sawblades, since they look like a circular saw blade and the other ones are just plain...not nice looking. Give me a set of pace car rims any day over any other W rim.

no, the hub cap lookin ones, that are hella ugly that most of the new cutlasses have, those, i guess could be saw blades, but people dont call them that, but they still look beter, cause the blades arnt huge like the ugly ones

Those are 15's, right?

I thought they weren't bad looking, but 15's are too small for cars this size.

yep 15" ......I think they are too small too, that is they only reason I would prefer sawblades over those.

geezz I guess its a good thing that I have rims on my car or else everyone would be crackin on me for having the sawblades :oops: :lol: But thats one reason why I did put rims on. But for these cars, 15" wheels are just too small. Maybe if it was a smaller car it would be better.....

Does anybody else have these??

dscf01622tp.th.jpg

just curious, I haven't seen very many cutties with these on.

HELL YEA I DO! lol i didn't think i'd ever find anyone else that did. :lol:

Those are 15's, right?

I thought they weren't bad looking, but 15's are too small for cars this size.

yea I agree with you shawn...but since I have expensive tires on my cutty I can still probably handle as well as a cutty with the stock 16" arrangement. The Bridgestone Turanzas I have had on my cutty for about 1 1/2 years have been nothing but awesome. I paid a hell of a lot for those tires...

yeah but by the time you get around to cleaning those, they have already been pitted by brake dust, Its almost impossible to keep certian parts of those rims clean. i.e. they look like poop

I kept the ones on my mom's '95 Cutlass in great shape for the 10 years she had the car (she bought it new) I waxed the rims semi-annually to protect the clearcoat. When she sold it this past march, they looked that good. I'll try to dig up a pic

I kept the ones on my mom's '95 Cutlass in great shape for the 10 years she had the car (she bought it new) I waxed the rims semi-annually to protect the clearcoat. When she sold it this past march, they looked that good. I'll try to dig up a pic

I got the car when it was 8 y/o and the rims already had sun damage. Not happy about that. My center caps look like crap now, despite having been waxed and polished every year I've owned her. Too little too late I guess...ya can't turn back the time... :(

• 1 month later...

771265_1_full.jpg

Ahhh, the good old days...Damn good looking wheels, but like everyone else says, too small. All is not lost for them though. I'm polishing them up, zooping them, painting the rockets and inside parts of the spokes black, and throwing some snow tires on them. So far I have two centercaps done...

underhoodclean007.jpg