Invasion1

You have that option on a 1992? Wow! And I thought I had all the bells and wissles on my car... anyway... I thought DRL's didn't come out till 1995? But anyway, I would check (if it has it) the Day-Time Running Lights relay. Otherwise, do a quick check of wiring and make sure you haven't dislodged anything by accident.

- RedFox340

Is there anything going funny with your e-brake release? The auto's won't come on if the e-brake is set even slightly.

Still.. doesn't make sense that your dash and parking lights are coming on.. Once the sensor kicks in your headlights should come on too... You might have to start doing some electrical work to track down the problem.

They come on automatically wen it gets dark? That's pretty sweet. I didn't know Cutlass's had that option. A bad relay possibly? I'm not sure how the sensor controls the lights, but a relay to control the headlights is a possibility.

I was told mine had it too...my 96 CS.

I have yet to see them come on. Where exactly is the sensor. It said above the guages, but I dont see it.

I think it said the car had to be in drive, E brake off, and lights off.

While i dont know if I would use them, They supposedly used to work. all fuses and stuff look ok.

Jon

Does the DRL work?

It could be a problem with the DRL module.

BTW, all Canadian W-bodies 1989 model year and up should have DRL and twilight sentinel. It's even in my 1989 Service Manual.

Ya i have a viper 550 Car starter/alarm combo installed but its been there for over a year and my light problem just started 3 days ago.

so i don't think its the case

Could still be the problem, its a good first place to start, check all the wiring coming out of the module for the remote start, if whoever installed it didn't do a perfect job it could still cause problems at a later date. Especially where wires are cut and spliced, Just an Opinion, I've seen it before. Best to check a service manual if the remote starter checks out ok.

judging from the fat that the interior et al come on as normal iwould have to agree with above post to look at emergency brake.

my '89 won't let the lights come on unless the e-brake is off, but the intreior and all will...then when things are darker outside they switch to full-on mode...

That doesn't explain why the dash lights and park lights come on automatically.

Sounds to me like a DRL module problem or relay problem, but I don't believe the DRL module uses external relays.

I was told mine had it too...my 96 CS.

I have yet to see them come on. Where exactly is the sensor. It said above the guages, but I dont see it.

I think it said the car had to be in drive, E brake off, and lights off.

While i dont know if I would use them, They supposedly used to work. all fuses and stuff look ok.

Jon

Its only optional in our cars, 97's have them standard.

I will attatch a pic later to show were the sensor is at

this is a weakness of the vehicle...

since i got mine in '89 i have had a couple of issues with this...

in the daytime the lights come on in low intensity mode. at night they switch to full-intensity. with the parking brake on it switches off the drl but parking and dash opreate as if at night ( full intensity ).

if this happens again, press and release parking brake several times.

other issues faced is the parking park clicking off... not a prob for you autos. but for a man. tran can cause some probs...

Cutlass dude....thanks...

I was about to say... i dont have speakers on my dash. 2 on door.

I was told by my uncle this car had it. Just wondering. Let me see that pic, and ill see if i have it. If no sensor, then the option wasnt installed? I dont think it was llisted in my RPO codes either.

I mean hell, i wouldnt use them. I usually drive with fogs and parking lights on in the morning/evening. I would like to know if i have them, and fix them. Just like the lighted mirror on the pass. side doesnt work. I dont use it, but its pissing debs off

jon

this should be correct, this isnt the greatest pic but the yellow arow is the DRL sensor and the red one is for the auto climate control. Also #3 in the fuse panel should be blank. :)

sensorloca.jpg

Ok, I have the yellow one. Or the hole. Any way to tell if its actually in?

Now climate control, that has to be an option i didnt get. Well, of course, my temp stuff is different, but I have the sensor location. Do you have a Series iv?

I do have that deck though. Love the steering wheel, i want one BAD.

So back to my question. Is there other ways to tell if i have it? Where would I look to start fixing?

and what do you mean by fuse #3? The one on the side of the dash? Or under the hood.

First, i wanna know if i even have it? Whats the best way to find out? RPO codes or something? its not on my window sticker.

Jon

yes it is a series IV, fuse #3 is pass. side fuse panel. I have know idea how you can tell if you have it. I dont have it either. RPO codes i guess. Ive decoded all of mine exept 5.

Yeah, mines a Ser. III. I dont mind not having the climate control, but dang i want one of those wheels.

Ive decoded most of my RPOs too, just a few missed. THats not listed though. If it was an option, then it should be on my window sticker, which it isnt.

Also, you said that the red circle on the picture was the climate control? If i am right, its like a vent, and I have that. It blows air out when the defrost is on. I was in there today wondering what the hell tht thing was, and thats all i saw there...its like on the side in the black plastic.

You got any more detailed pics of your car?

Jon

well I had my defog on full blast and couldnt fell any air but I put my hand over it and it made it sound different. I think it is light a vent type sensor as it monitors the inside air.