adding a universal hood scoop

frusciante fan

i was wondering if i would be able to add a hood scoop without any cutting of the hood. so essentially it would not function, but just be there for looks.

There are plenty of hood scoops out there which use 3M double-sticky tape to attach them to the hood.

Just do a quick search on eBay and you'll see a bunch of them.

yeah, I'd say the dual hood scoops are the lesser of all the evils.... but don't bother with them, they'd just look out of place.

I saw a dodge caravan around here the other day with a hoodscoop and ricer wheels and i couldn't stop laughing

I think the newer Pontiacs look pretty darn cool with the dual scoops. I wouldn't mind having those scoops on my TGP.

bg_image4.jpg

I am going to end up putting a mini-snorkel on mine, cutting a hole in the hood and adding some air ducts, debris screen and rain-catcher.

sc-210.jpg

I figure I am not going to sell a 16 year old car with 250K miles on it anytime soon, so I might as well customize it a bit. Besides, what engine doesn't like a little fresh air?

you might as well go molded hood scoops like the GA one above. The lund stick on one are stupid as hell...especially when people dont paint them to match their car :roll:

Ewwwwww fake scoops! :puke:

The ones like on the Ram-air GA are more molded into the hood, they don't just stick out like ugly plastic GARBAGE.

and arent the ones you see on just about all mew pontiac gp/ga etc functional?

i never took the time to look closely at them...

imo the lund scoops are crap havent seen a single application that looks good

ps. If you wanna laugh.

Try a fake scoop held in place by a 5/32" magnet like the kind they use for temp signage on the side of a vehicle. The fake scoop is held on by the magnet and air pressure/adhesion and doesnt move. Untit you grab it and pull it off.

ie. no hood cutting.

now I'm confused....

FWIW: I say no hood scoop too

;) Think: our National Security Advisor ;)

condelina "RICE". :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: