Which do you think is better?

f_399

Which is better oil?  

1. 1. Which is better oil?

Mobil 1 - after all, the own the patent, and the base-stock for the same synthetic oil that's used in both amsoil, AND royal purple, it's all about the dyes, detergents, and anti-foaming agents they put in it.

--Dave.

It depends on what I can get my hands on in order of preference:

AmsOil

RoyalPurple

Moblie1

This is based off actually doing oil analysis on differnt oil types and comparing to other results posted online. AMSOil holds up the best for BTN and preventing acids from forming. Royalpurple is next and Mobile1 after that.

As far as metals and particles that really just comes down to the filter you use.

mobil1 for mine, it's got the longest "shelf life" and I tend to not drive my cars for LONG periods of time.. speakin' in which, I gotta start my Z one of these days.

--Dave.

For a 3100.... GTX! :lol:

x2 :werd:

well, almost anyway.. I use Mobil 1 in my 3.1s, but why the hell would you use Royal Purple or anything über expensive in a 3100? Trust us, it doesn't need it and won't make hardly any difference with these motors.

valvoline 5w-30 and change it every 2000 if you are hard on your car, every 3 if your not... i wouldt run synthetics any longer than 3k, because your engine still needs to get rid of small metal flakes, and its in the oil even if it is synthetic

Royal purple. On trucks and Horspower TV they use it the small blocks, big blocks, hondas, fords chevys dodges etc. They like it, and theyre making a good 400+ hp on there engines. 600+ on the 572! :shock:

my GM dealership has a 572 sitting on the floor on a pallette in the show room.... apparently rated for 700HP.... and beside it, they have an Iron Duke :lol: they don't show any HP ratings on it :shock: :lol:

I use Mobil 1 in my Z.... I don't burn any oil, and I drive the living tar out of it, so... I'm sticking with Mobil 1 :lol: