Underbody Neon Installation

EuroSedan93

Hey all, I just purchased an underbody set for my euro, and one thing i'm curious about for those of you that have them installed on your cars, is where abouts did u install them on the underside for the best performance from them?

i had them on my car...but, don't anymore (i grew up...loL)...anywayz, they were a PITA to mount the tubes...i pushed the tubes all the way against the floor then used the clamp and put the screw through the pinchweld...that was the only way i could see to do it and keep the tubes hidden...as for the power box...i had the mounted on the right front on the frame rail in front of the tire...

years back i had them on my old cutlass ciera, i drilled some small holes in the pinch welds, then zip tied them on. they key is to keep the tubes out of sight, i found them to be a pain myself since the tubes kept breaking.

i had them on my car...but, don't anymore (i grew up...loL)...anywayz, they were a PITA to mount the tubes...i pushed the tubes all the way against the floor then used the clamp and put the screw through the pinchweld...that was the only way i could see to do it and keep the tubes hidden...as for the power box...i had the mounted on the right front on the frame rail in front of the tire...

:| I like underglow, adds that "wow" feature.

years back i had them on my old cutlass ciera, i drilled some small holes in the pinch welds, then zip tied them on. they key is to keep the tubes out of sight, i found them to be a pain myself since the tubes kept breaking.

Remember the walmart "guages" and fartcannon? :lol:

and for the neon idia, it looks good on imports but on a lumi? :willynilly:

there is no way to hide them unless you got g-fx or skirting.
, not true! i had mine hidden before i got anything done to my car. I moved the e brake cable over a few inches, bending it actually. works good. Good luck with the install

there is no way to hide them unless you got g-fx or skirting.
, not true! i had mine hidden before i got anything done to my car.

:withstupid: ...can you see my tubes!?

cuttydarkneons.jpg

:roll:

• 2 years later...
Guest GrandPrixlover1

as far as neon, I think L.E.D. would be the best way to go, I don't know much about how easy the installation is but I hear that L.E.D.s are more durable than neons. I'm looking for an l.e.d, undercar kit that changes colors so I can change the colors with the seasons. My car is Dark Green, so Here are my colors to match the seasons: (Color of the car/LED), Spring: Dark Green/Blue, Summer: Dark Green/Yellow, Fall: Dark Green/Orange, Winter: Dark Green/Red. This is what I'm looking for if anyone has any ideas where I could find one. I looked at an led kit that has over 2 million colors to cycle through but that costs around $400.00

:-(

I'd never spend my own money on an underbody neon kit. As a person who "grew up" automotively with the Fast and the Furious, I think it looks awesome when done right. But done right means it costs way too much for stupid neon lights. So :willynilly: