cost of replacing water pump?

frusciante fan

i got my buick into the shop this morning and my diagnosis was right. the water pump is shot. so naturally i'm wondering about how much it should cost, or what was the cost of have yours repaired.

Water pump shouldn't cost much. The one for my 2.8L was only $16.

I would guess $150 is reasonable to have it done. I guess it depends on what their book says it should take and at what hourly rate. Don't most shops charge $65/hr now?

i'm getting fixed at a guy downtown who just runs a repair business by himself. i can't remember how much he charges per hour, but it seems like either $25 or $45. to change my oil it was $26.20 total, minus $1.25 tax and $12.70 for parts.

According to my alldatapro, it says 1.1 hours for water pump replacement, the one that I did must have been a 3.8, not 3800. That was a cocksucker, this one didn't look that bad.

got it back today. the water pump was $47.15 and 1 hour of labor @ $40. he said he gave me a break on the labor because my family gives him so much business. and i suppose he's right seeing as how my mom's taken her Venture there for the last three or four oil changes and my dad had a new set of rear brakes replaced and oil changed. and hell i've had two oil changes there and a new set of brake pads and now the water pump. all this in the last year. my mom also has all company vehicles done there and she's refered a frew other dudes. anywho the total was $91.51 w/tax. he didn't have any change either because most people must right him checks, so when i gave him $100 in cash he just gave one of the 10's back. it's nice to know he can count on somebody...and i don't have to go to the over-charging bastards at my local GM dealerships. assholes.

and the granny/pimp mobile sounds beautiful now.