Measuring SPL

19Cutlass94

I really cant remember the last time there was any competition or anything like that, although there are stores like circuit city, best buy, boomer, all those kinds of stores but I dont think they would measure it

BTW what do they do when they test it (besides play the music) :lol:

besides competitions ans such, is there any store that would have this that could test it or would I have to just buy something or what till I find a competition to go to?

Well Im only running 4 Infinity speakers with an amp able to push em to the limit with no subs at all.

Anyone care to make a prediction on what Ill be able to pull?

If it makes any difference to what Ill be able to pull, I can rattle all the mirrors with this setup, its actually pretty powerful. (well for what it is, although many of you would think that this is weak as hell)

i hit 147 with only 2 sony explod 6x9s in the entire car

I highly doubt this. What type of mic was it? Apparantly the Termlab mic is really the only one that counts, according to some people who build SPL cars.

I think I might have found a place that will do this for me, although I need to call them and by the time I get home at night they have been closed for sometime. Ill find out everything probably this weekend.

Im thinking that if I get over 100, Im either gonna have a shit load of luck, or the car is just that good :lol: :lol:

I found a place that will do this for me for about 30 bucks. I just need to get time off from work and get it done. The people that will be doing this, are judges from some of the car shows around here and they guy said that they would help me out with everything. But once I get it done, Ill be sure to post what it was and what happened!

Ya and I believe every 10db increase is a double in volume output. I managed to hit 139db last year with my 2 eD 12's legal on the new termlab. This year I am aiming for 140+.

$30! Damn I only paid $10.

Well you were also at a show when you got yours done so it was cheaper and thats what the guy told me, he said if you waited till a show we could test it for less but the first show isnt for about another month at the least. plus for the 30 bucks, I get however much time I want to talk to the the guys that do it, cuz there also judges at the shows/competitions so they can help me out or give me hints on things I should do and all that stuff.

Ya and I believe every 10db increase is a double in volume output. I managed to hit 139db last year with my 2 eD 12's legal on the new termlab. This year I am aiming for 140+.

Termlab is the only mic i'd ever use.