GODD*MNIT, F***ING POS @$$ GODD*MN SH*T!!!!!!! AAAHHH!!!!!!

Fat Ryan

texas if the car is under 25 years old it has to be stock. have all the emissions crap on it. everything needed to drive the car has to be intact. also when they test the brakes if it pulls in either direction the car fails it sucks. once a car is over 25 years old it just needs the safety inspection but they also check to see if the emissions crap is still there. so on my truck i'm just going to put on dual cats only drill em out and put a straight pipe through them :twisted:

Where you at in PA?

See, up in Elk County (about 30 min above Dubois, or I-80) we don't have any emission checks...yet...but the monoleaf shouldn't be a factor in passing inspection, unless it's actually broke. If it's wore, it *should* still pass. And if I were you, find a decent j/y exhaust and throw it under there to pass it.

Yeah, that sounds like a typical NH inspection also. I can't wait for cali....no inspections, just smog, and even thats not as tough as they make it seem.

But year after year, my white z has managed a sticker..This year alot is being done to it in order to inspect and sell the damn thing. First being my electrical issues, and the struts, balljoints and exhaust...

Where you at in PA?

See, up in Elk County (about 30 min above Dubois, or I-80) we don't have any emission checks...yet...but the monoleaf shouldn't be a factor in passing inspection, unless it's actually broke. If it's wore, it *should* still pass. And if I were you, find a decent j/y exhaust and throw it under there to pass it.

Your not to far from me. I'm in McKean County...Smethport. But we do have to have the factory emission shit..that I do know. And I was told that once they actually hook up to the tail pipe to do the smog check, the price of the inspection is going to triple!

Aaron

god, i hate PA. everything about PA sux. there BS inspections. the strick ass alcohol laws. you know they dont sell alcohol anywhere except distributors, pubs, and resturaunts? thats BS! in NJ, they sell it at gas stations...i think they do in any other state. PA sux! d*mnit!

• 1 month later...

:?: Does anybody have a way to get ahold of Ryan? I am the winner of the auction for Item number: 4555010939 which ended a couple of days ago and I have sent him some messages about it, but have gotten no reply as of yet.

I found he was on here through a good samaritan who linked me to this post and alerted me to the fact that the auction was a little brief in description. I don't know that for the price any of those things bother me, or for that matter that I trust any mechanic that stands to profit by a diagnosis of some potential problem, but we shall see.

Thanks

Kurt

I was just looking at that whole inspection thing, you can easily get by most of that crap they are trying to pull on you such as the whole monoleaf thing, because the ONLY want the leaf spring can fail is if it is broken or missing "The coil spring or main leaf spring is broken if originally equipped" so that's BS! as for the ball joint, those are CHEAP to replace, and can easily be done by anyone who has an air-hammer, also, you can look up the specs for the balljoint runout (should you wish) and make them measure the play as indicated by the manufacturers recomendations, not just shaking the tire and feeling for movement, also, find out how and why they determined the catalytic converter is bad, how the engine started smoking while they had it, and how the starter failed while they had it, because it seems as if those were two things that you didn't have problems with, until they started working on it.

--Dave.

I met Ryan and picked up the car. Drove it 700+ miles. Did not die. Leaf spring does squeak and balljoint is shot, but what do you guys expect for a few hundred bucks, and what do you expect out of a 16 yr old car? I got a $300 car with a $300 transmission in it so I guess I got what I paid for. Ryan is actually an OK guy in person.

Kurt (Calvin)

• 1 year later...

cool, so did u have to do any engine work to it or not??

Shit, I drove it home, threw a coil pack on it, and it passed emissions, no replacing cat or engine or whatever. I did put in one balljoint that was annoyingly loose.

I drove it just like that for a year till the clutch got weak (about 50k on it, prev owner used it to deliver pizzas) then over memorial weekend I swapped in a 3400 since I had it apart for the clutch anyway.