** INTENSE **

Moddedgtp

Im looking to get a downpipe/highflow cat, and I hear this intense place might be a good place to look into having them do it! Does anyone have there information on how I could get ahold of them preferablly there #??

ummm, what kind of car you got.

the intense i know of specializes in L32/L36/L67, but i dont believe they got downpipe/cat combo. Ive bought quite a few things from them, and have had nothing but success.

What he said...

Anyone who has been around the GP community for more than about 2-3 years understands how shitty INTENSE really is. My hate towards them has VERY little to do with their recent LSD and PCM problems.

Shawn

:roll:

have you actually dealt with them??? or you going by what everyone else says? for me and everyone that I know of thats dealt with them, has had nothing but success. and pcm problems?? nothing wrong with them. and they made a recall on their LSDs no more then a year after they've been out, but yet automobile manufactures make recalls more then 5 years later, after it has killed 100s of people.

and shaun, that was kinda funny :lol:

:roll:

have you actually dealt with them??? or you going by what everyone else says? for me and everyone that I know of thats dealt with them, has had nothing but success. and pcm problems?? nothing wrong with them. and they made a recall on their LSDs no more then a year after they've been out, but yet automobile manufactures make recalls more then 5 years later, after it has killed 100s of people.

I understand that recalls are made way after the problems are realized and whatnot, and like I said, the reasons I don't like Intense has very little to do with these recalls. Let me try to explain to you why I don't particularly care for them. Have I personally dealt with them? No. However, my dad has, I helped him with his whole modding process on his car, I helped him install every mod and decide which mod to do next, and I saw the whole situation unfold that I am about to explain to you.

My dad bought an Intense Gen I LSD in the Spring of '03. We recieved the package, watched the step-by-step instruction video to make sure we understood what we needed to do, and then we watched it as we installed the differential. We did everything exactly as it said and it went back together with no problems. So, my dad drives the car to work everyday for about a week. We go on a drive ~70 miles each way to get some race gas and on the way home, only on decelleration, we hear a whining noise. It sounded kinda like gear drive. So we got home and my dad gave Scott Cook a email explaining to him the situation, and he said the whining was definately not right and to pull the differential out. We tore the car back apart, and pulled the differential cover off, and I began to pull the differential out of the transmission it literally fell apart in my hands. The bearings fell apart and went everywhere, the spider gears fell out on the ground as well. The ring on the back of the differential that holds it together fell off so the differential basically fell apart in the tranny. We told Scott Cook what we found, and being well within the 90 day warranty period asked for a replacement. After giving us some big excuse on how it was installation error on our part (apparently we installed the parking gear backwards or something, however Scott Cook knows full well there is no way the tranny would go back together enough to drive the car like that...it just wouldn't work), after some persuasion he replaced the differential. Luckily we caught it that quick and it didn't cause any damage to the tranny. So we installed the new differential and the whining problem was gone. The car seemed to behave a little differently on the street and from a slow roll or a stop it would definatley leave 2 wheel marks on the pavement, but we all know the stock diff does this as well.

So a few months goes along and we take the car to the track. After the first couple passes with the differential it quit doing 2 wheel burnouts and took a lot of persuading to do 2 wheel burnouts, it basically acted like a stock differential. So a few track visits later the car makes a clunking noise off the line and it wouldn't steer straight and just obviously wasn't right. (~40-50 total passes we made) So we dropped the tranny pan and there was a pin in the pan. After contacting ZZP about this because Intense at this point didn't want to answer any of our emails we were informed that the pin somehow holds the differential together. Since my dad was planning on getting a tranny rebuild anyways he had the rebuild done at that time and contacted Scott about diff. replacement, as this differential had obviously failed. He said something about how we had had the diff for like 2 years and he couldn't replace it, blah blah blah, even though this being pretty early '04 and us not even owning the car until Jan '02 and not modding it other than just a pulley and intake until Oct of '02 and no diff until spring of '03. So, no big deal, that is an understandable reason its just that is is failure #2, we had another Gen 1 diff. installed during the rebuild because at that time Zooomer said there were problems with the Gen 2 and he didn't feel comfortable selling one to us (ZZP & Intense had JUST split up so ZZP still had Intense parts in stock) and to use a Gen 1 if anything. So we had that put in, and after the first few passes at the track with that differential, it will only do one wheel burnouts without some good persuasion as well. Since this diff was still well within the 90 day warranty we contacted Scott only to have him reply and basically tell us to fuck off in a nice way. (I do find it funny that Zooomer knew about, or at least suspected these problems in early '04, yet Intense claims to have not even known until Jeff made the post on ClubGP)

Not only that, but I do know quite a few people that have unbelieveably similar stories. Like 3 Intense tranny failures in a row leading to Intense stating that they couldn't fix the the problem, and still making him pay for the trannies. He basically ended up having to sell the car and going with something else. When their stories are as similar to my dads as some of them were, you can just tell by what they say they aren't lying.

It also does not impress me that I've been to at least two track events that Intense also attended and of both events I only saw one car complete a pass under full power. (not one at each event, one total) When they can't build their cars to reliably run good times then who really cares what they can make them run. Zooomer drives his car to the shop and around town and stuff, and then pulls it into the strip throws slicks and skinnies on it, drops the exhaust, etc..., runs the car, puts it back together and drives the thing home. When Intense can do that I MIGHT start being impressed.

Also, no PCM problems!?!?!? So all of these '04 owners are popping pistons because their engines are just weak??? Their PCM's command way too much timing and the KR noise floor is way too high and the cars run way too rich, all of which together cause a lot of blown up engines. Why do you think there are so many quick '04's already? They blow up their engines and just go all out while they have it torn down that far. Do some searching on the ClubGP boards if you don't believe the problems... In fact, the guy that flashes my dads PCM looked at the Intense code and said he thought it was a miracle that those cars even ran with that programming in it. When Intense wouldn't admit that there was a problem when there obviously was, it was Charles from DHP that had to search through their code and tell them what was wrong with the code.

The problem Intense has is they just rush things to the market. If they would test things a little more it wouldn't be a problem, but they want to be the first to have it out so they rush it, and most of the time it doesn't work to well.

If you would like to discuss this further with me take it to PM as I don't want to clutter up posts with any more Intense crap.

Shawn

MandS Production (if you can get a hold of shane). pm me if you want more info. from what i know and what ive heard its better than the rt dp and cheaper.
Yeah I've heard the M&S is better then the r/t. How much does shane charge for one? I could never seem to get an answer.