\\\

Invasion1

http://www.specialtyformulations.com/index_files/Page2255.htm

"Recommended for and exceeds specifications of GM 9985648 (Part numbers 12345349 and 12345577) and Chrysler MS9224 (part Number 4874464), and many transmissions requiring a 5W30 equivalent viscosity"

That product is equivilant to GM Synchromesh. The viscosity of the underlying base fluid is 5W-30. However, it is best to use a gear-oil specific fluid due to the seals and metals used in the gearboxes.

Guest TurboSedan

i use 5w30 in the A555 in my GTS, simply because that's what Chrysler reccomends. i plan on using GM Syncromesh the next oil change.

it shifts great with 5w30 though and is a helluva lot cheaper!

I would definatly use Synchromesh over 5W-30. Isn't Synchromesh a semi-synthetic too? You don't know how many enthusiats use the stuff to!!

Yeah 5W-30 motor oil has a bunch of stuff that's unnecessary for the proper lubrication of a gearbox. The net effect is that there is less useful stuff insofar as anti-wear additives and actual base oil.

12L of synchromesh, lol. Thats a lot of oil changes, haha.

Synchromesh is the only thing I have used in getrag trannies. I have used mercon/dextron auto fluid (what one manual called for) and they grind. Used Mobil 1 synthetic gear lube...and they scratched gears. Used synchromesh and the trannies were smooth as glass. In fact my Talon has synchromesh in it because the Mopar equivelant caused heavy scratches in 2nd to 3rd gear changes. With synchromesh it is quiet and never comes close to grinding or scratching... 8)