it just gets worse and worse

90lumina3.1

was looking for cars(i frickin give up) and on the way back i decided to pop it into neut and rev a little to see just how slow it revs w/ no load. it revved up to 6.5k, at least! where did my limiter go? what the frick! its still driving funny under load, and i couldnt put all the new coils in cause coil1's lower bolt was blocked by AC lines. someone help me with this crap! what could make it buck/shudder under loads and at low rpms, have low power(really low power), and make it rev way too high

Another way to remove the coils is to remove them as an assembly. There are (3) 13mm bolts, and coil assembly (they are mounted to an aluminum plate) will come off. Of course, the lower 13mm bolt is very hard to get to...maybe it's easier than the one you can't access now...

As for your rev limiter issue...were you at a stop or coasting? If it was at a stop you definately have a problem. If you were coasting, anywhere above 20-25 mph, the rev limiter will not be active. You also might want to check your park/neutral switch--it might be adjusted incorrectly.

Jason

sometimes when i'm stopped, if i pop into neutral quick enough, i can rev higher than the limiter lets me for a second then it kicks in. and yeah i've noticed that i can really get the thing to SCREAM when it's coasting...never knew that it's disabled above a certain speed though. you should see the looks i get at my school when I'm coasting by some kids and their civics and decide to rev it a lil......haha imagine being all 'cool' with ur civic and seeing some lil 11th grader zip by revving hard in his grampa sedan LOL...or even better, seeing that kid do crazy FWD burnouts at the stop sign down the street haha.....best one is seeing that very kid go rocketing past you in a street race.....making you look like a complete and total fool in front of ur girls! THAT'S RITE JOE FUCKING REIGN! YOUR CIVIC SUCKS DONKEY BALLS! :twisted: :lol: sorry i had to get it out......i feel much better now

You might have a spark plug wire that is sparking over to another wire or ground, especially under load when the engine torques over when loaded. I had a wire doing this at one time on my 3.1 T and it would shutter badly but not all of the time. :!: