crosslace differences

pwmin

For Grand Prix they are all the same. Earlier ones were made by Alcoa and newer ones made by Enkei, but they are identical.

There are crosslace for other cars like Bonnevilles and such that look similar and are different sizes, but if you stick to GP ones they should all be 16x8.

Guest TurboSedan

while we're on the subject how wide are the crosslace wheels that came on the Bonnevilles? and do they have the same +25mm offset like the Grand Prix crosslace wheels do?

Cutlass crosslaces are very different. They bulge out in the middle (rounded) and are also just 15x6.

Bonneville crosslaces are 16x7. I don't know the offset.

How do the 16x8 crosslaces look on other gen 1 W's? Will they stick out more, or does backspacing take care of this?

It would be cool to have 16x8 'laces on both of my cars :lol:

- Justin

Guest TurboSedan

i like em:

CSnew1.jpg

they do stick out more than other stock W-body wheels due to the width and offset, but they are perfectly flush with the body of my car, so they don't acually stick out.

Thanks, yours looks awesome too. Actually, yours is the reason I even wanted to try putting these wheels on my car. What size tires do you run on yours?

Oh yeah, I know it needs to be lower.. *coughs we need some more group buys coughs*

235/55/16 on the front, 225/55/16 on the rear (they were the front tires on my Talon). On mine 235 is the widest I can run. At a full lock, I have 1/8-3/16th of clearence between the edge of the tire and the fenderwell, and I know for a fact if you had a 245 you would be hitting, at least on a Cutlass.

My crosslace stick out WAY farther than my crappy sawblades do, although I only have 205/70/15s on right now.. :oops:

Just give it a couple days or a week and my crosslace will be fully polished (lip and centercap), and I will paint the remaining 2 black! I'm don't think I'm gonna put chrome lugs on them cause I like the way it looks that you don't really see them. S3XY!!! 8)