O

Invasion1

• 5 weeks later...

Well I've put almost 900 miles on it and it's still stiffer than any car I've ever ridden in. In fact it's so stiff that it doesn't allow the front to flex too much, and I think the perches for the spring are hitting the inner fender. I haven't had it in the air in some time so I will be doing that this week to see what that gets me. It may have to be removed for a modification at a local spring shop. Any chance calling Tony with some concerns will get us anywhere?

me too.. I wonder if I can resuse the old leaf or if I will be buying a new one. I might just take it to that shop and have them weaken it a bit. It honestly didn't drop more than an inch or so, and one of my poly pucks shot out one night after I parked it in the driveway. I'm going to take it to work this week and play around with it, and check out the front. Let me know if he's willing to help or has any advice.

i haven't installed my spring yet...and it sounds like im not going to be since im hearing all this bad stuff about it.....im wondering if enough of us held them to it if we could get exchanges on springs for ones that aren't so stiff and maby with a little more drop! so we should wheel and deal and make it better for everyone!! cause i really wanna drop my car a good 2 inches all around, and i know everyone who bought the birchmount do too!!

i am getting a 3in drop just called him. and if i need to go lower or higher i have a poly puck for that. what did you guys pay for the pring he want me to pay around 230. becuase i live in florida

• 2 weeks later...

well i just got mine put in and damn it is awsome. so much better then the c/o. and it is much stiffer no noise and better handleing and the best part it is the same drop.

Put mine in 3 weeks ago, feels f'ing stiff especiall over bumps but i dont mind it to much,

Lowered it just over 2 inches. No sounds comming from back there, handleing is alllllot better!! I didnt use the pucks, i used some rubber pads that i had laying around, just cut them in the shape of an H so they would not fall out.

i give em a 6/10

Sucks that some of you aren't completely satisfied. Mine was a bit rough at first on bad struts but I put in some KYBs and its been perfect for about 3 years now. IMO the drop is awesome and well worth a slight sacrifice in ride comfort. 8)

I should get the KYB's on there then, now i have the Sensatraks which are pretty much useless, i am still waiting on the intrax front springs, when i get them in i will put KYB's all round. My car is riding with its ass down and front in the air right now. Install was a breeze!!!! Very recommended!!

Ummm, I never did get to install mine :cry: , have a 2.5 and 3 inch set. Will be checking back here to see if others find better/new struts help this choppiness. I know the one TGP I have that has dead struts that bounces a lot and when you floor it at anytime the front end lifts like you got some 600 hp or something :twisted: , but my point is they are very harsh with just normal roads and such. My new KYBs on another GP are firm but never this harsh, tight when needed and easy when not. Always wondered about the Monroes, or the Gabrials?

Davis, are your struts new(is)??

Just a quick tip unless its been said :oops: I don't fk with the rear top strut nut that is buried up in the trunk and is a bitch to get at and work with :evil: , I just took out the 2 bolts that are accessed from inside the wheel well to drop the strut out from there. All I can suggest to help out for now, that was a bugger to do/found better 8) .

Yea metal leaf springs will squeak over time, they all do unless they are made with nylon (or?) inserts in the leafs. LPS 3 is a little thicker and stays longer, use it on my truck.

Later guys

Jeff M

GREAT info :D , thanks Davis 8) .

Years ago the Sears SteadyRiders/top of the line were great, had them on quite a few RWD Cutties, nice and easy on the small irregularities of the road but grabbed hold proper when things got nasty, loved them shocks :D ! But the next time I went to buy a set for another RWD Cutty, I found one was Gabriel (who made them all along) and one was some Japanese Brand :roll: . Found they were using their customers to test if the cheap shit would work on us :evil: . Since then I have often seen Sears parts getting cheaper, and their shops always ripping people off, even seen write-ups in the news paper. Just 4 years ago I had a local Sears do struts and alignment (great deal on the cost!!) on my olds 98, took the car home afterwards and it still drove the same :? , looked in the wheel wells and it still had my old struts in there all rusted and worn out :evil: . I am a nice guy too often for my own good but when you earn my wrath, its really bad, I waited in the automotive department at sears and when there was a large enough crowd I let loose with thunder, I never heard my voice so loud, even freaked me out, people were moving away from me, I was that nasty sounding but very much to the points I had to make, and a right to make them. They refunded all my money and I took my business elsewhere.

So good to hear Monroes are doing good, have done KYBs quite a bit and know they do very good. Koni once had some struts (no longer) that if modified would work in our W-Body but even on their softest setting, would beat you up pretty hard. Don’t think(???) Bilstein has done one for us but they are up there with these boys.

Jeff M