O

Invasion1

how long before we can all see what the drop looks like on your cutty Dave??

I am very interested to see how far it drops.

:withstupid: ...i too would like to see how the cutlass looks with the springs...

what's wrong with your hubs? those assemblies rarely go bad from what I understand. I may be able to get you a deal on them, but they will be shipped to me, and then to you. could be a couple weeks before you see them. might be better off by an off brand part from Advance/Autozone/insert local parts shop here..

cost will be over $200, maybe more. I wouldn't be able to get them for less than $225 probably. PM me the Pn# and I will check on Monday what it would cost. I can try to find you some decent used ones at a yard here in town, may not be able to get to it until next weekend though. There are plenty of W's up there.

:lol: Yea I care, we don't see such efforts and details that often on the board so maybe people are just speechless :P

Keep up the good work, I look forward to your detailed and informative progress, and thanks again for hooking us up!!!

Jeff M

Yea Dave, what's the hold up :lol: Just because its a lot of work and you do too much maybe even have a life outside of working on your fun projects 8) . I found after new bushings in all my joints, new struts and rack and all and even with 60 series sidewalls on my TSTE the ride is already too stiff for what I want for this 4-door. It needs to be able to haul people, car parts (oh yea!!!), groceries (gotta eat), winter driving (its all rust-proofed and painted and sealed everywhere) since I won't drive my TGP with fat-ass 245mm tires in the winter, and be nice for long trips so I am hoping some miles and warmer weather will have it running smoother, so long story short, later with the drop/stiffer stuff but as for the TGP, well after new struts in that it looks offroad, and with the soft sidewalls of Nitto Drag Radials, its ride will benefit from and be better with a good drop that I plan to do this summer 8) Been 6 years working on everyone else's TGPs and TSTEs so will be good to finish mine and be riding in mine instead of everyone else's and my back-up olds 98?...yuuuuk!!

Jeff M

did u measure the distance from the wheel to the fender before and after??? aren't TGP tires smaller in diameter though?? so that might be why it doesn't look lower than before, if you were using different wheels and tires to compare!!

I never did any measuring.....all i know is it was to high :roll:

Those TGP rims and tires are 245/50/16's

the rear isn't compressed yet.......all i did was lower the jack and thats where its sitting........im sure one it moves down the road it will settle and give a better view how it will be under normal conditions.......

im 100% happy with it so far......the first 500 kms will be a rough ride but some break in time will cure the stiffness of the leaf.

YES, the rear WILL be up until you roll down the road!! So it will drop quite a bit more after that, sorry to bug you with this but the next pic you show :lol: will be looking even better 8) And the height of the stock TGP tires is 25.67 inches give or take for manufacturer and amount of tread left :lol: Would be GOOD to know what the size tires were on your car before Davis, please let me know, 225/60 or??

Jeff M

I think I want to get mine lower.. do you think it's too late for that? But you haven't shaved the pucks yet.. how much more do you think it will go? Can you just remove them altogether??

I'm assuming it will probably look different on my TGP as well.. I will shave it as low as I can get it to match the front.. hell I may not even have to shave the pucks to match the Intrax set.. the wheels are damn close to the same height front and back as they are. Maybe 1/2" higher in the rear.

Is it a bitch to get the old spring out? How about installation, would it be easier to do on a lift or is it an ok job on the ground??

I think that the TGP naturally looks lower because of the ground effects.. hopefully I get the desired height out of the spring.. pics look good, do we think that this metal spring will eventually become loud because of its material? Can't be any worse than the existing ones. What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

My spring is in Buffalo!! Waiting on check in, who knows how long that could take. Anyway, Tony has the numbers for those who have paid, then you can track them at UPS.

Anyway, just my update.

Ok, now my spring is in Syracuse. Must have been on it's way yesterday. Scheduled for delivery today!! I better get this car licensed soon. Everyone that paid should call Birchmount and get your tracking number.. he has them available.

• 3 months later...

So i got the birchmount spring, i was wondering if there are any bushings that need to be put on the ends of the spring?

Tony never sent me any pucks :?

If so where could i get some, and how would i get them to adhere to the spring?

Damn That Tony..........contact him and tell him to ship you some!!!! they were included in the price....

I gotta go see him and ask why my rear suspension makes more noise now with his stuped spring in it :evil:

im close to removing it cause im hating driving the car with it so rear noisy

try having ffp coilovers, i'll get you a vid with sound. Are yours really that loud?

Invasion1, You have your spring in a cutty correct? I am wondering of those who purchased the spring for a TGP, RW89TGP, are experiencing any of the same issues you are with the sqeaking and such. I am looking at options for lowering my TGP and the leaf seems the best, yet I am wondering about the noise. Any help from you guys would be great.

Thanks

Ken

I don't know exactly what to say just yet. I have put less than 500 miles on it in total so it hasn't fully broken in yet.. but that is only if it is going to break in. It could probably use a little less springing.. it is a pretty rough ride. It handles great, I have GMPP trailing arms and the ADCCO bar too. I am not disappointed.. just a little concerned that it won't give anymore that it already does. It's not fiberglass. It is fairly noisy, but not terrible. I am wondering if removing one of the leafs may make it a little more comfortable...