05 Alpine lineup

GTPrix

Has anybody looked into getting a new Alpine HU lately? Their '05 lineup looks pretty slick, with a lot of new features, mp3 and wma playback. Has anybody bought one and from where? Im seeing some good prices online.

Drew

yeah...my cda-9833 has mp3 and wma playback as well...mine is a '04 model but its a great unit...i've been lookin @ some of their newer stuff @ best buy and i really havent seen anything that catches my eye (and ear) just yet...but, like i said the '04 models were very nice units (i LOVE mine)...also, i bought mine off ebay...i payed alot less than the crutchfield price & it was brand new...just be sure to look into the sellers feedback...

Alpine or nothing. It feels like blind-loyalty but they have some great equipment for the price. My next choice is the top-model pioneers.

I'm building a system consisting of a lot of Alpine, and a stock deck. Will p0st pics son...

Yeah I agree that Alpine is about te best for the money. I had one in the Cutty, and plan on getting another one for the next car. They have one now that you can change betweeen like 251 colors or something. You can find some great deals on them online.

Drew

Only thing I like about Alpine deck are their compatible with IPOD..but the nagain all the manufactures are mking there stuff compatible..

- Jeff L.

True true. As far as Pioneer goes, I like this one from their new linup:

deh_p80mp.jpg

What do you guys think of the smaller screen though?

Drew

I like my larger screen, but I really hate how it's impossible to see in the daytime, especially with a glare.

Plus the whole CD thing is really making me miss my iPod. :cry:

In the old days when they had LCD's with black text on a light colored background, glare was not an issue. Those LCD's didn't look cool though. 8yrs ago I had an HU with that type of LCD:

my-stereo.jpg

Alpine's always been the most $$$ for the least features. They might have the best sound quality, but I don't have golden ears, especially not in a car. I usually buy based on price and features so I usually get Pioneer. I used to have an Alpine CD player in my truck though. It was okay, but too basic, so it had to go. I can't say it sounded any better than the Pioneer I replaced it with or not since I just have average hearing. I do think my latest Pioneer with AutoEQ sounds the best, I really like the AutoEQ.

Clarion and kenwood make nice headunits at a decent price, i've never tried a alpine deck cause they seem to expensive.
:withstupid: but personally i prefer the Clarion over Kenwood head units. nothing againest alpine or pioneer i just had bad luck with their head units so i don't like them at all :?

I have the brand new Alpine CDA-9833 and I love it MP3, WMA playback tilt, its awesome I love it!

:lol: ...i have the same one...BUT, its not BRAND NEW anymore...its from their '04 lineup...they're comming out with new ones for this year (which i think look cheap compared to the 9833)...and, yes...i also agree that the 9833 is an AWWWSOME unit!! :D

If any of you people expect to buy Alpine products from Circuit City, Im sorry. I found out through our store's Roadshop manager that Circuit City is dropping the Alpine product line. We wont be gettign in any new HU. I asked him if he knew if they were going to replace Alpine and he said that they're thinking of expanding their Sony and Pioneer products. Hes going to find out more when he goes to a company wide meeting of Roadshop managers in Tx.

Coincidentally the last two times i bought a HU from Circuit City, they have dropped the companys...ie Kenwood (still have it at my house) & Alpine (in my truck). :|