Just got some Nokian WR Tires

scorpion_x9

I did a lot of thinking on what I should get for tires. The Nokian WRs are excellent tires. I have to say they handle VERY well on snowy, slushy, and wet road. They preform pretty well on dry road as well. I upgraded the tire width from 215 to 225. It's all they had anyways. So far I'm very impressed with these tires.

I previously had Cooper Trendsetters, which are an OK cheap tire. I could punch it from a 10-15mph roll and spin tires in wet weather, the Nokians don't slip at all.

Just a little info for y'all! :)

got any pics of the tread pattern and how these tires look?...i've never heard of em, BUT i have yokahama avid h4s' from tire rack and they suck ass in the snow...so, i might be replacing tires again... :cuss:

got any pics of the tread pattern and how these tires look?...i've never heard of em, BUT i have yokahama avid h4s' from tire rack and they suck ass in the snow...so, i might be replacing tires again... :cuss:

I work at a wholesale tire place, we sell all types of tires. Avid H4's do suck in the snow, and so do the V4's. In addition to that, I have Yokohama Geolander H/T's on my car. They suck. The G900's are just as bad. They are a soft tire and have a treadwear rating of something like 280 or 300. Whatever the case may be, the H/T's are soft and don't last. The edges of the tread are wearing from cornering (in the front only) and I had the car aligned and it is straight as an arrow. One thing though, H/T's leave awesome clouds of smoke. :D :wink:

I bought my tires from the tire shop next door to my work. I get dicounts for buying them there too. :)

got any pics of the tread pattern and how these tires look?...

I'll see if I can get a pic of the tire for you. It's dark right now, but I can see how it looks in the dark. The flash should lighten it up a bit.

thats a pretty good lookin pattern...so, you say they are GOOD in the snow?...
Yeah, definitely. Those tires grip the ground pretty good, and i've had the chance to test them out in some thick snow and I could push more on the gas to get going and actually move. They come pre-siped too. I would say they are VERY good in the snow.

thats good to know...i might end up replacing my avid h4's very soon then (my tires only have about 6k miles on em and they are SHIT in the snow...i freakin ditched it the other day :oops: (lets say i was freakin pissed about that too)... :bash: