T

Invasion1

How far did it stick out?

What style of Mustang wheels were they? Usually Mustang wheels have a 20-something offset so they sit too far out for a Cutlass anyway.

I think with my offset, it should clear the strut body. Mine already rubs the splash shield on the passenger side, so I don't care about that. :lol:

Hmmm, but 255's should (theoretically) only stick out about 5mm more than 245's if the wheel offset is the same.

Did the extra .3" of height actually noticably fill the wheel well gaps?

Do you have the new tires on the car now? Got pics?

If you bought chrome, DO NOT mount them until they stop using road salt.

If you do, even if it rains and the roads are still salty from the last time it snowed, you'll have to wash the wheels ASAP.

I learned that lesson the hard way. Grrrr. :x

I'm kind of surprised that .3" didn't make that much difference. The 1" difference between 25.7" tall tires and 26.7" tall tires seems to make a lot of difference, at least in the pics I've seen.

Damn it Davis...Those are the wheels I had picked out for my Prix! I have a link for them stored in my favorites on someones Ebay store that are listed @ $640.00 in chrome. Did you get the hipo or chrome? Take some dang pictures so we could see the actual wheels and not some advertised picture.

nice rims... im still happy with my purchase :-)

davis, you know where i can order replacement caps for these ar rims????

ill start looking now for it but just wonderin

ooopps...I just pm'd you Davis and then read this post. So now I know that you decided on the hipo over chrome. I'm sure you all ready know to clean them as much as possible since hipo are a PITA to keep looking like new! Good choice

are the 077 and 168s identical except for the width i have an idea i think i'm going to try :?

there not the same, they look quite a bit different, but theyd never fit a W-Body

• 3 weeks later...
so, davis...how long till we get to drool over your cutlass with the 077's on it!?...

you mean Eagle 185's :wink:

and

Soon i will post some pics

8)

:oops: shit...i thought you were getting the same ones everyone else has :lol: ...

well looks like the 185's are discontinued.....not directly listed on Eagles site anymore ether...

might have to join the 077 club :wink:

what i do like is the new center caps without the "eagle" being in black

im going to try to get a set of the all silver ones :shock:

here are the 192's with the center cap i want for mine

192p.jpg

here are the center caps for mine

185.jpg

small diffrence but i prefure the all silver ones

:D

I'll see what I can get the 192's for in chrome...I love the alessio styled wheels, but can't afford the set I want :evil: