'95 cutlass supreme sl, a few questions

roxieshotrod

Hey all, just bought a '95 cs as it says above. Im new to this car, just had a couple questions. and YES I have done a search but didnt really get much. Its a 4 door (are all SL's 4-dr?) and one of the bottom trim pieces is missing on the front door. So A) does anyone have a good online parts supplier for this stuff cuz I am going to need a few(lot of) things to resurrect this car, and B) are trim panels interchangeable between other supremes (I like the other trim/ground effects a lot better than what is on mine but I don't know if they have the nicer trim in 4-door, OR would that just look stupid anyways even if it is possible?) Also, I thought that almost all parts would be interchangable from 88-97 but I see a lot of stuff listed as 88-94 only. Im having quite a time finding much besides mirrors, headlamps and door handles on ebay. Any insight would be helpful, thanks in advance!

2dr exterior parts will not interchange with yours. So if the ground-effects you like better only come on a 2dr, they won't fit on your car with 2 exceptions: 88-91 2dr headlights will fit your car, and 2dr mirrors will also fit your car EXCEPT the triangle part. All 4dr parts should be possible to fit on your car.

Door handles are 4dr only, and I could be wrong here, but I think Regal, Lumina, and Grand Prix 4dr handles can interchange.

yes I know the 2dr panels wont work :wink: I should have been more specific. After looking on autotrader for forever I think what I want are the '97 SL panels. They have the extra rib in them. I cant seem to find any other 4 door that has the right panels (mine is '95 SL and has two ribs on panels). So in that case I answered my own question. About other replacement parts though, any ideas short of gmpartsdirect.com or the like? The junkyard around here doesnt have a whole heck of a lot.

When I was looking for a new mirror for my '97, the only ones that would fit were the '90-'97. Here's the years that would have the most interchangable parts:

1988-1992

1992-1994

1995-1997

Just about all parts mechanically speaking are interchangable for all four divisions, but you have to pay attention to the year. It's like two sub-generations of the 1st Gen cars:

1988-1993 (2.8L and 3.1L MPFI)

1994-1997 (3100 SFI and 3.4L DOHC)